Question Cooling Problems with Corsair's H100i v2 Liquid Cooler

Dec 23, 2020
Ok so I got a new cpu and motherboard recently. My old ones were the Asus Maximus IX Hero Z270 and the Intel i5 7600K. The new ones are the Asus Rog Strix Z490 E Gaming and the i7 10700K. My problem is with the cooling. I have a Corsair H100i v2 Liquid Cooler that was on my old rig as well and it was performing fine (idle temps around 40 and gaming temps around 70). But upon connecting it to the new rig its not performing as it was(idle temps from 50 to 100 and i don't even have to mention gaming at this point). I have connected it correctly following the user's manual instructions. The h100i v2 comes with two fans, a radiator and the pump that it's already attached to the waterblock. It has a 3-pin header that need to be connected to the motherboard for power and two 3-pin header ports that comes of the pump and it's where you connect the two fans. It also has a usb2.0 cable that connects to the motherboard that enables monitoring and fan calibration through Corsair's LINK4 app. It also has a driver package that is downloaded thought Corsair's webpage by downloading and installing the LINK4 app. I've tried many things to get it working correctly such as switching the 3-pin header that powers it from header to header on the motherboard, uninstalling and installing the drivers package and the link4 app again and again, disabling or enabling the Q-fan control on specific headers such as the CPU_FAN, AIO_PUMP (I've read that sometimes you must do that to ensure that the 12V that the pump needs to operate correctly goes to the pump) from the BIOS, removing the waterblock to clean the cpu of thermal paste and apply new one and then installing it again. I've also noticed the pump to work fine, felt the water flow by touching the pump, the led with corsair's logo on the pump to be lit and not flicker, felt that one of the pumps water cables is hot the the other cooler also felt the one side of the radiator to be cooler the the other hotter. Corsair's user manual for the h100i v2 says to connect the 3-pin header to the CPU_FAN port and the fans to the ports that come out of the pump, while the Asus Rog Strix Z490 E Gaming motherboard user manual say to connect the liquid coolers to the AIO_PUMP and the fans to the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT. I also do not use the Asus AI Suite only the Corsair LINK4 because I read somewhere that those two applications may interfere with each other. Also I am not actually overclocking the cpu only using Intel's Boost Technology, in other words when I installed the cpu and booted the pc for the first time a message displayed saying press F1 to run setup and press F3 to unlock limited for increased performance, at this message I pressed F3. What have I missed? Have I connected them correctly in your opinion. Is there something else i need to do that I haven't done already? Please help me...

Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix Z490 E Gaming
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
SSD/HDD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD 250GB M.2 NVMe
GPU: Palit GTX 1060 6GB Jetstream
PSU: Corsair RM 850x
Chassis: AeroCool 500

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS