Cooling pump mounting questuon

AlkinP

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Hello everyone,

Got myself VAKIND Water Circulation Cooling Pump:
iDlIs1U.jpg

Trying to install it on Thermaltake P3 case that has this mounting plate. You can see it at the bottom right at the image bellow,
a6_031018.jpg

Problem: There is no way to attach pump to that plate. Is there any adapter that will work with this particular pump?

Thank in advance.

Solution
I've never heard of this pump, so that's a question that really can only be answered by the vendor that markets it. Not every pump uses a generic mount, so it would need to be specific to the requirements setup by where its manufactured. So, unfortunately unless you can find a mounting bracket option for it, you might only be able to fabricate something on your own (which isn't a bad thing - you can then define exactly what you want)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Did it come with anything or is it as pictured? Seems a relatively cheap pump that might be intended to be stuck to the chassis with double sided tape. Or light enough to be held in place by rigid tubing.

What do you plan to run through this?

AlkinP

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
"double sided tape" - thats what it came with. And yes it is very light weight. I will have Aluminum 180mm Cylinder on top of it. Since combined weight is not that light i want it to rest on the mount. Seems like i will have to build an adapter.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Looks like a cheap copy of a DDC...if it is lightweight, I would be wary. This means there's little in the way of copper and magnets making up the motor induction coils and also means it probably isn't very powerful.

I would also be careful with aluminum watercooling components coming into coolant that also comes into contact with nickel and copper. You will definitely need to use a very good corrosive resistant coolant to prevent galvanic corrosion (assuming there is copper, brass or nickel anywhere in the loop).

AlkinP

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Thank you for your input sir. I am aware of the dangers of galvanic corrosion and lightweight remark is relative. It feel light due to its size and plastic parts. But the question is how do i mount the dam thing. Is there any pre-made brackets for this type of pump?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I've never heard of this pump, so that's a question that really can only be answered by the vendor that markets it. Not every pump uses a generic mount, so it would need to be specific to the requirements setup by where its manufactured. So, unfortunately unless you can find a mounting bracket option for it, you might only be able to fabricate something on your own (which isn't a bad thing - you can then define exactly what you want)

Solution

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Sorry that I don't have a better answer than that. Pumps from other vendors like EK, Swiftech, XSPC, Alphacool, etc. often have mounting brackets for their products to accomplish things just as this. But, this is a low-cost generic pump vs. those made by dedicated liquid cooling shops, so it might just be something that falls between the cracks because they don't have the budget or resources to put into providing it.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You might be surprised with it, so my only advice would be to make sure you have everything setup with warranty registrations. Most hardware should automatically shut down if thermal load limits are reached to prevent catastrophic failure (CPU, GPU, motherboards, etc)

Please share your build once you get it up and running - we would all like to see it.