Question Cooling pump pushes against ram

jerbae

Honorable
Dec 16, 2017
Hey there,

Thinking of buying some extra RAM, but that would create a situation like this: View: https://imgur.com/IvQjhfF
(demonstrated by moving my existing RAM stick one place to the left - adding two more RAM sticks would fill all slots).
See how the pump head of the H60 cooler pushes against the side of the RAM? It basicly fits, but I was wondering on the problems this might create when components get hot etc ...

Recommended or not?

Thanks.

^^^^^I would rotate if possible.

I wouldn't run like that because I think there's a possibility that small vibrations from the pump might cause the memory to vibrate....and over time I think this may cause a problem with the connections in the slot.

jerbae

Honorable
Dec 16, 2017
So, rotate the pump head 90° clock-wise.
Unfortunately, this cheap pump cannot be rotated. Only fits on the motherboard backplate in one way.
^^^^^I would rotate if possible.

I wouldn't run like that because I think there's a possibility that small vibrations from the pump might cause the memory to vibrate....and over time I think this may cause a problem with the connections in the slot.
That's a very good remark. I'll opt for a 2 x 16 GB kit instead, and sell my existing 16 GB. That way, I'm only using 2 slots, and still have my 32 GB :)

TRENDING THREADS