Cooling requirements for 560TI Hawk

shashanknayak

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Hi,

I have decided on getting MSI 560ti HAWK. I have 3 case fans (1 front, 2 side). I wont be overclocking my CPU any time soon. So my question is do i need to add any cooling solution to the rig, considering the fact that Hawk has nice coolers.

If yes, please suggest some options.

Thank you

slcmike

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
The Twin Frozr is a great cooling design and is more then adequate in most situations. If you arent oc'ing, then what are your concerns? Let me guess you bought a 2500k too and dont plan on ocing that. Are you going to oc the gpu?

badboyzasr

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
The twin frozer are as good ad it gets on the 560ti cooling solution. I do, however, recommend getting a rear exhaust fan to pump the warm air from CPU and hdd's out. It is probably a basic fundamental coolin concept in cases, one front, one rear would do the job fine but side fans are good to cool hdd and gpu's. 2500k are very tempting to oc and they do so quite well, but you do have an after market cooling option for CPU as well and having a rear fan would be beneficial.

shashanknayak

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011

yes i have i5 2500k but the bottleneck is my motherboard (MSI H67 chipset). Its no good for the task. I will buy a p67 board in couple of months and then i will OC. I will also get a cooler then with the board.

SO i guess i dont have to worry till then. :)