[SOLVED] Cooling scenario with Thermaltake 360mm

Feb 12, 2020
Hello,

I have a Cooler Master MB510L case with Apevia 6 cooling fans:

3 front intake fans
2 upper exhaust fans
1 rear exhaust fan

I decided to replace my CPU fan cooler to TT Thermaltake 3.0 Water 360, So I didn't remove the front 3 intake fans, I put the Radiator in front of the 3 front intake fans like attached photo. And I put the Radiator fans to exhaust

so now, is that scenario better for cooling the liquid in the radiator (3 intake fans right side and 3 exhaust fans left-side), please check attached photo for further clarification.

Thanks in Advance.

Check Photo

https://ibb.co/7kKY1FF

Solution
It's enough to replace front intake fans with radiator and it's fans. Putting 2 different fans in series may result in increased nose. Radiator fans are also made for higher static pressure to better penetrate thru radiator fins. Placing them at the back of radiator negates that quality.
It's enough to replace front intake fans with radiator and it's fans. Putting 2 different fans in series may result in increased nose. Radiator fans are also made for higher static pressure to better penetrate thru radiator fins. Placing them at the back of radiator negates that quality.

Solution
Feb 6, 2020
Generally speaking, don't do this unless...

1. Both sets of fans are the same OR designed for use on rads, or
  2. The specific AiO unit is a "fan sandwich" design (H75, H80i v2, etc..)
Noctua has a couple models designed specifically for use as replacement rad fans if you want to go this route.