[SOLVED] Cooling suggestion of Ryzen 3600? (CM Hyper 212 with mATX)

May 17, 2020
Hey, got a new system with ryzen 3600 with stock fan. It's temperature is between 36-45 when idle but while gaming and stuff it can go up to 80s and sometimes 90 degrees.

I decided to buy a new cooler so I can be sure about temperature. I've read some comments about Cooler Master Hyper 212 and watched some tests on Youtube it makes a great work when dealing with ryzen 3600. But it seems a bit large so I am not sure if my case has place for that cooler.

Can CM Hyper 212 fit into my case?

Motherboard: MSI b450m-a pro max matx
Case: CoolerMaster MB511
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz

Btw I am not familiar about cooling much so if you have suggestion for cooler I'd like to hear. :giggle:

Solution
Thanks for the answer. So, the case is the matter here.

Should I look height support of the case while buying a cooler?
Yes

Because documentation of the cases give information about height support and does not give about width or anything else. Can i assume that motherboards are produced considering other dimensions even if they are mATX or ATX?
They asume you won't be getting a cooler bigger than the motherboard.
You should be concerned with cooler height and RAM clearance.

...Oh okey it's my bad, they are almost same price. (Hyper 212 and Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B)
If they are priced the same, then I would go for the Mugen 5 Rev.B.
The Mugen 5 Rev.B is compatible with AM4 (some Hyper 212 might not be), easier to...
May 17, 2020
Yes, the CM Hyper 212 evo is 159 mm and the CoolerMaster MB511 can house up to 165mm coolers.
If you find the Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B at a good price (around the Hyper 212 price), then I would consider it over the Hyper 212 evo.

Because documentation of the cases give information about height support and does not give about width or anything else. Can i assume that motherboards are produced considering other dimensions even if they are mATX or ATX?

Thanks for the suggestion. In my country price difference is like 30 dollars, does not sure if it is worth or not.

Edit: Oh okey it's my bad, they are almost same price. (Hyper 212 and Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B)

Last edited:

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
Hey, got a new system with ryzen 3600 with stock fan. It's temperature is between 36-45 when idle but while gaming and stuff it can go up to 80s and sometimes 90 degrees.

I decided to buy a new cooler so I can be sure about temperature. I've read some comments about Cooler Master Hyper 212 and watched some tests on Youtube it makes a great work when dealing with ryzen 3600. But it seems a bit large so I am not sure if my case has place for that cooler.

Can CM Hyper 212 fit into my case?

Motherboard: MSI b450m-a pro max matx
Case: CoolerMaster MB511
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz

Btw I am not familiar about cooling much so if you have suggestion for cooler I'd like to hear. :giggle:
I also had issues with my ryzen 5 3600 temps so I bought a hyper 212 black edition and it had a 10-15 degree difference, I can say that it was totally worth it!

Reactions: Guedove
May 17, 2020
I also had issues with my ryzen 5 3600 temps so I bought a hyper 212 black edition and it had a 10-15 degree difference, I can say that it was totally worth it!

Wow great thanks for the comment, that is more than I expected. By the way what is your temperature when idle and under some pressure?

Yes

They asume you won't be getting a cooler bigger than the motherboard.
You should be concerned with cooler height and RAM clearance.

...Oh okey it's my bad, they are almost same price. (Hyper 212 and Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B)
The Mugen 5 Rev.B is compatible with AM4 (some Hyper 212 might not be), easier to install and it performs a couple of degrees better.
If you go with the Hyper 212 or 212X make sure to check that they are compatible with the AM4 platform.
It should say that in the box and in the description.

Reactions: Guedove
Solution
May 17, 2020
The Mugen 5 Rev.B is compatible with AM4 (some Hyper 212 might not be), easier to install and it performs a couple of degrees better.
If you go with the Hyper 212 or 212X make sure to check that they are compatible with the AM4 platform.
It should say that in the box and in the description.

I have just checked some reviews and Mugen seems absolutely worth to give 5$ more, probably will go for that one. Thanks for the advice. :giggle:

TRENDING THREADS