[SOLVED] Cooling

Sep 15, 2021
I tested my gpu and it was going up to 73 degree celcius but I wish it to be as close to 60 degree as possible. My front is a glass panel with little vents on the sides and 3 fans as intake and 1 as exhaust at the back and I also have the freedom to have 2 fans at the tops which is meshed. So should I change my intake fans location to the top for better temperatures?
My specs:
i3 10100 (stock)
GTX 1650 SUPER (stock)

Solution
No, not likely to get enough airflow down to help a standard axial GPU or even a blower. Best to keep it as is.

73C is perfectly fine for a GPU. If you want more performance you can increase the power and temperature limits and try some overclocking using MSI Afterburner. Beyond that, lowering the temperature to 60C is likely to only gain you a few boost bins at stock settings.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
No, not likely to get enough airflow down to help a standard axial GPU or even a blower. Best to keep it as is.

73C is perfectly fine for a GPU. If you want more performance you can increase the power and temperature limits and try some overclocking using MSI Afterburner. Beyond that, lowering the temperature to 60C is likely to only gain you a few boost bins at stock settings.

Solution