Coonecting to a tv

sid_nag17

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
i have a xfx 4850 and have the cord supplied with the card .

can anyone help me in connecting the comp to a tv

i have a generic crt tv.

Wolfshadw

Titan
It depends on what type of inputs your CRT TV has. Does it have:

1) Coax - typical cable cord connector
2) Composite - three cable connector (Red/White for left/right audio and Yellow for Video)
3) S-Video - single cable 4-pin connection
4) Component - five cable connector (Yellow/White for audio and Red/Blue/Green for video)

Depending on the age of your TV, it could have one or any combination of the above. If your TV has a Component input then it's just a matter of connecting the included converter cable (that came with your graphics card) to the card, and then connecting some component cables (video only) to the TV. Audio will still be handled by your PC.

If your computer does not have component inputs, then you will need some type of converter cable/box that will accept either a DVI, VGA, or Component Input and output to whatever inputs your TV has.

-Wolf sends

slo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008

doormatderek

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Yes, i use a 60 foot Svideo/audio cable to reach my tv/amplifier, and for watching movies, it is plenty decent. It may be a little hard to read text and such but for movies, it is more than adequate. The next step up from Svideo would be a component connection (RED+BLUE+GREEN RCA cables) , then DVI/HDMI