COOP MISSIONS GAMES LIST (NO MASSIVELY ONLINE GAMES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigcowboysfan

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
Please list the RPG games (or any games for that matter - NO GAMES THAT ONLY HAVE DM/CAPTURE THE FLAG, etc - that you can play coop LAN on. We are looking for games that allow you to do basically the same thing multiplayer as you can singleplayer - beat the game/missions cooperatively.
I wish there were more of these types of games my son and I could conquer together, but just finding the ones that are is a pain.
Maybe we could use this as an ongoing list as I am always looking for these types of games, as are many other father/son/buddies....
Thanks for the help everyone

PC ONLY please

Hack & Slash RPGs
------------------------
Diablo
Diablo II
Nox
Dungeon Siege
Dungeon Siege 2 (not sure if these two belong under hack and slash though)

D&D RPG games
-------------------
Neverwinter Nights
Icewind Dale + Icewind Dale II
Baulder's Gate + Baulder's Gate II

Shooters
-------------------
Rainbow Six (Has Co-op missions and Terrorist Hunt)
Ghost Recon (Has Co-op missions and Terrorist Hunt)
R6 Lockdown
Hidden and Dangerous (very hard we've played it for 4 years and never beat the whole game has an expansion and is free to download now)
Hidden and Dangerous 2: Sabre Squadron (MUST HAVE SABRE SQUAD EXPANSION TO BE COOP awsome game great graphics much more beat able then first but only like 8 missions i hear there's an unoffical pack of more missions though)
Serious Sam 1 and 2 ( senseless killing but hilariously fun me and 3 buddys beat the whole game last weekend together you spend alot of time back to back in the middle of a huge arenas with litterally hundreds of enemys storming at you)
Delta Forces ( a little slow)
Unreal (only the first one was co-op)
Operation Flashpoint
Aliens vs Preditor 1 ( it doesnt support newest nvidia cards anymore but boy did it have fun coop fighting through canyons of aliens and bunkering down not too many objectives but fun none the less)

RTS
-------------------
Age of Empires plus exp
Age of Empires II plus exp
Age of Mythology plus exp
Age of Empires III

Unknown
------------------
Blood 1 and 2
Hexen 2
Freespace 2

lancelott

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
Well here are a few that I can think of off the top of my head:

hack and slash RPGs
------------------------
Diablo
Diablo II
Nox

D&D RPG games
-------------------
Neverwinter Nights
Icewind Dale + Icewind Dale II
Baulder's Gate + Baulder's Gate II

And of course all though perhaps not the type of game you are looking for... theres a whole plethora of MMORPG games that provide endless questing adventures with a son/friend/whoever. That is of course if you are willing to dish out the monthly fees, and your lives!!! :)

I too am a big fan of these games, so I'll hunt around for some more, but I'm eager to see what others post up here as well!

Cheers!

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
not on the pc buts a coop game.

Time splitters 2

also theres a medal of honour game thats coop but i cant remember which one.

erm for PC im not sure, a game ive found popular with ladies is actually Worms 2, they find the worms cute and funny so its fun playing against each other on the same pc. plus you can build your own maps using paint with black being the land and white being the sky.

choknuti

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
lancelott just about covered the whole list in one post. Anyway the thread is worth a sticky as the info provided by him is good, relevant, and useful.

cheers

bigcowboysfan

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
Thanks santeana
Forgot about the R6 series stuff. They also used to have a stat tracker called Gilleons <---(something like that) Stat Tracker I think. It was for Rogue Spear. Was fun to play terrorist hunt and keep stats against your buddies. You could have it upload to your web page and everyone could see your accumilative stats. You could also see them on your pc without a web page.
Wish I still had that program, will see if I can find a link and post it. If anyone has links to stat tracker programs for Ghost recon, etc...please post them as this is great fun for you and your buddies. Lan/or TCPIP games.
Co-op games? You mean like the old arcade ones you can buy?

choknuti

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Shooters
-------------------
Rainbow Six (Has Co-op missions and Terrorist Hunt)
Ghost Recon (Has Co-op missions and Terrorist Hunt)

I thought that we were looking at non massive multipayer coop rpg games? This list will be mega big in no time. Of course if that's your idea/target I suggest that you change the title of this thread (If that is possible. ) so that more people will read this.

While branching out to other genres would be helpful you are going to mislead people with the title.

Cheers

choknuti

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Sorry to be a bother but is it possible to add strategy to your list too? (maybe just all coop PC games?) I too play games with my son but since he is only 6 years old RPGs are out and too much graphical violence in FPS (would get into trouble with the wife). So the only choice for us are strategy games like Age of empires, HOMM etc. Would love to see what people would recommend.

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
thanks choknuti...nice catch.

I think your edited description of Coop games is covering it well enough. Just make a clear distinction that massive multiplayer games are definitely out of scope, and then you can change the title (again) to just Coop missions games.

Noriveia2

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
Co-op gaming its insane that people don't know what that is!!! this is the best gaming ever 4 buddies lan'd goign through single player missions together heres my fav's

FPS:

Hidden and Dangerous (very hard we've played it for 4 years and never beat the whole game has an expansion and is free to download now)

Hidden and Dangerous 2: Sabre Squadron (MUST HAVE SABRE SQUAD EXPANSION TO BE COOP awsome game great graphics much more beat able then first but only like 8 missions i hear there's an unoffical pack of more missions though)

Serious Sam 1 and 2 ( senseless killing but hilariously fun me and 3 buddys beat the whole game last weekend together you spend alot of time back to back in the middle of a huge arenas with litterally hundreds of enemys storming at you)

Blood 1 and 2

Hexen 2

Rainbow 6 i like lockdown personally

Delta Forces ( a little slow)

Unreal (only the first one was co-op)

Operation Flashpoint

Aliens vs Preditor 1 ( it doesnt support newest nvidia cards anymore but boy did it have fun coop fighting through canyons of aliens and bunkering down not too many objectives but fun none the less)

Noriveia2

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
Blood 1 and 2 are First person shooters hexen is a 3rd person hack em up adventure game freespace is a space ship fighting game like star wars

choknuti

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
RTS

Warhammer 40000 dawn of war: Great fun. Good balance of troops and gory action (not for the weak of heart)

Starcraft (and brood war expansion): No details needed 2 b given

Warcraft III: ditto

orgoth

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
this is easy if you like steal action ie the thief series

unreal tournament, go to www.thieveryut.com download the mod install and play multiplayer thief. great guard ai coop and team based available normaly most servers play thieves vs guards both human teams with some AI
this game is so awsome i've been playing for about 3 years now. still can't get enough of it.

DaMaster_Architect

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2006
some more RTS:

-Red alert 1 & 2.
Im not sure, but I thought the Codename: Panzers series also had co-op missions.

man, I wish Rome: Total War would contain co-op :cry:

Arucard

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
System Shock 2 was always a favourite of mine to play with my friends at LANs, Being able to play a dedicated OSA guy with psi powers, and have a meatshield backing me up with heavy weapons was always fun.

Also, IL2 Sturmovic/Pacific Fighters allow for some great coop action..

And there's a mod for the original Half Life calle Sven Coop that you might like to have a look at.

Oh, and the original Doom and Doom 2 ;)

RobbyB

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2006
You've all (unbelievably!) missed out the biggest and best Co-op of them all: Splinter Cell.

Work together to achieve a common goal as the worlds slickest Super-Spies!

Action, sneakiness, tactics... trust me, it's th ebest.

You need Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow or Splinter Cell, Chaos Theory for Co-Cop. Get Chaos Theory if your system is up to it, it's much better. Enjoy!

thecoopyears

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2006
Hi, if your interested in coop games on the PC, stop by the website I run

http://www.thecoopyears.co.uk

When building the site (and theres loads more games still to add) I became amazed at how many more coop games there were, than I previously thought. Some of the lesser mentioned games (not all recent):

Dangerous Waters (Sub sim, if you have the patience and time!!!)
Soldiers: Heroes of World War II (Excellent plays as fun as a FPS in places)
Codename: Outbreak (One of my Favourties)
Rainbow Six: Lockdown (Funny, its so recent but I saw it in a bargin bin the other day, maybe theres hope for the new R6: Vegas)
Starship Troopers (Haven't played this one yet though)
Vietcong 1 + 2

blueeyesm

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Another game that isn't well known is Join Ops: Typhoon Rising.

It has single player/co-op missions, and the size of the map ranges up to 150km^2 if you make your own.

koogco

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
i dont know any games that is not mentioned yet, but it would be more than nice if they made co-op for games like doom3 and quake4 (dont think it is going to happen though)

BTW i had a blast with serious sam in co-op mode as well..

Caminokidd

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
What about the Games with the mods? Like Sven moding Half-life for Coop-Op mode? Or my favorite Desert Combat mod of BF 1942.

ivoryjohn

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2001
I don't know if it's ever been updated, I played this one a long time ago, but there do seem to be a lot of fan sites for it still:

Darkstone. When I played it, it had a two player coop mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.