Copies of call of duty sold

ineedaname8

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2007
Can anyone link to where I can find how many copies of "Call of Duty" have been sold since it was released in 2003?

Please do not ask me which one as I have clearly stated the full name of the game.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Personal curiousity or project?
Which title?
COD: Older titles?
COD4: MW?
COD: WAW
COD: MW2
COD: BO
What about expansions? You'd need to elaborate.

You're looking at Activision figures and you'll have to sum up each title (if you want the total of each title). Unless you're a shareholder, you might not be able to gain easy access to these figures.

Here's a few suggestion:

- Try and catch an interview where they slip/say these figures (that way you can quote it)
- You can quote another quote in an internet article (but quite frankly, those could as easily be speculations...so not quite legit)
- There are sites that try and guess the figures but again, these may or may not be quite accurate and you can't really quote that.

Long story short, Activision don't really make these available to the public (because it could/would literally hurt sales if people knew how much profit they're making).

Good luck.

ineedaname8

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2007

Yea thats exactly what I meant, I have no clue why people are so ignorant when you specifically give them the FULL name of the game and they ask which one you mean.

How more specific can I be than stating the ENTIRE FULL name of the game?

But yea its about curiosity since I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

Wow, "Ignorant" eh? That's not very nice, I was trying to help.

Your question was unclear (you should have at least stated the year of release or something to specifically target the one title called "Call of Duty"). As you know, "Call of Duty" is on ALL the title.

PS: You won't find the answer...unless you go Monica Lewinsky on one of the head at Activision...so.