Coping Tapes VCR to DVD

I have a Dell 8300 with a Dell Combo Drive DVD+R/DVD+RW ,my question is how
can I copy to the DVD tapes from my VCR, Dell software,connection to the
8300 etc?

Thanks
John

Hi! I recently began doing this on my 8300. You will need to get a
video capture card (or external device). Take a look at compusa, best
buy etc.--there are lots of these. They all come with software. You
connect the output jacks on your vcr to the input jacks on the capture
card and follow the software instructions to capture the video and then
burn it to a blank dvd-r or +r disk. Not hard to do.

Ken