> --
>
> Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
>
> Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

On 13 Mar 2005 15:55:17 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote:

>Has anyone else played this?

Was interested in it, but after a couple of reviews, one at Gamespot I
think, I decided it wasn't worth the cash. Seems that the combat
isn't as interesting as it should be, apparently your team mates do
not follow orders or somesuch.

Lynley

The biggest knocks I heard against it were that your vision didn't extend
more than a few spaces, which is ridiculous, and that the enemies can
randomly spawn in groups too powerful to be defeated. With its other
relatively minor flaws I probably would have bought it, but it's easy to see
how the combination of these two would make a turn-based tactical game
virtually unplayable.

"Lynley James" <lynley.james@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 13 Mar 2005 15:55:17 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote:
>
>>Has anyone else played this?
>
> Was interested in it, but after a couple of reviews, one at Gamespot I
> think, I decided it wasn't worth the cash. Seems that the combat
> isn't as interesting as it should be, apparently your team mates do
> not follow orders or somesuch.
>
> Lynley

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-03-28, littlemute <littlemute@woodenmen.org> wrote:

> Gandalf Parker wrote:

>> Yeah I visited their site and looked around. The developer of Space
> Empires
>> IV (which I am STILL having alot of fun with) decided to leave
> Shrapnel and
>> publish Space Empires V thru Strategy First. :(
>>
>> Gandalf Parker
>
> He must figure if a big publishing house will poop out Master of Orion
> 3, than he can 'rise above' the indy publishers and go for some EB
> shelf space. Heck why not?

Strategy First, I believe, was in financial trouble about a year
ago. If you visit totalgaming.net you'll eventually stumble on an
article posted by the Galciv developer that talks about how he
hasn't seen a cent from Strategy First in a years time when he
published Galciv through them.

BTW, SF and TotalGaming.net have a relationship now. TG.NET is
publishing a lot of their games. This is very strange.

Also, the folks who did "Jagged Alliance: Wildfire" haven't
received any of their royalties and complain about it loudly on
their website: http://www.ideal-games.com/news/20041108.aspx

I'm not saying SF are crooks but the more you look into the
businesses who worked with them the less honest they seem.

shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in

> BTW, SF and TotalGaming.net have a relationship now. TG.NET is
> publishing a lot of their games. This is very strange.

Everyone has to explore new directions since the shelfware business model
is falling out. The only ones who can still manage to participate in that
are the $10 old games distribs

Gandalf Parker

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-03-28, Gandalf Parker <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote:
> shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in
>
>> BTW, SF and TotalGaming.net have a relationship now. TG.NET is
>> publishing a lot of their games. This is very strange.
>
> Everyone has to explore new directions since the shelfware business model
> is falling out. The only ones who can still manage to participate in that
> are the $10 old games distribs

My point being TotalGaming.Net is run by Mr. Wardell who also has
a diary entry there expressing his frustration with the retail
distribution model. In that diary entry Strategy First is
mentioned one of the companies that didn't pay up.