Copy A folder only in windows explore

Hi, Jack.

What are you really asking? As worded, your question "does not compute".
;^{ To copy a folder without copying its contents is like trying to move a
box without moving whatever is in it.

If you would like to create an empty similar folder in another volume or
parent folder, navigate to that new location and right-click to get a
context menu from which you can choose New | Folder, then name it whatever
you like, including the name of the original folder. If you want to
duplicate the folder/subfolder in another location, you can open a "DOS"
window and use Xcopy.exe with the /t switch. (As with other commands in a
"DOS" windows, type xcopy /? to see all the switches and what they do.) But
I don't know how to do this as easily in the GUI.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Jack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How to copy a folder only in windows explore without
> copying the components under the folder?

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi White:

The way to do as using xcopy/t function in the GUI is what
I want to know. I want to copy many folders under a parent
folder only and don't want to create them one by one,
either using xcopy/t. Just want to know if is possible to
do it on Windows Explore.

Thank you for replying.

Jack