copy all items to CD heading missing

Do all XP home edition systems have copy to CD in the task box? Or have I
lost the heading for some reason.
--
dougp

You need to highlight a file first for it to appear in the Tasks pane.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:4075E73C-F9B7-4064-8987-EE51F916EF9D@microsoft.com,
dwap <dwap@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Do all XP home edition systems have copy to CD in the task box? Or have I
> lost the heading for some reason.
> --
> dougp

Thanks for reply but there is still no sign of the heading. Think I've lost
it somewhere...
--
dougp

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> You need to highlight a file first for it to appear in the Tasks pane.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:4075E73C-F9B7-4064-8987-EE51F916EF9D@microsoft.com,
> dwap <dwap@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Do all XP home edition systems have copy to CD in the task box? Or have I
> > lost the heading for some reason.
> > --
> > dougp

What kind of a folder are you referring to?

It will not appear in the Tasks pane if the folder is set as Documents.

Right click the folder | Properties | Customize tab |
What kind of folder do you want??
Use this folder as a template | Click the V | Set to:
Music (best for audio files and playlists)
or
Music Artist (best for works for one artist)
or
Music Album (best for tracks from one abum)
 Also apply this template to all subfolders

[[Specifies that the template you select for your folder is applied to all
of its subfolders as well.]]

Click Apply | Click OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:A04EEE53-26D8-43B2-BD19-2BA378BD2700@microsoft.com,
dwap <dwap@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks for reply but there is still no sign of the heading. Think I've
> lost it somewhere...
> --
> dougp
>

> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> You need to highlight a file first for it to appear in the Tasks pane.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:4075E73C-F9B7-4064-8987-EE51F916EF9D@microsoft.com,
>> dwap <dwap@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Do all XP home edition systems have copy to CD in the task box? Or have
>>> I lost the heading for some reason.
>>> --
>>> dougp

Right click the folder | Properties | Customize tab |
What kind of folder do you want??
Use this folder as a template | Click the V | Set to:
Music (best for audio files and playlists)
or
Music Artist (best for works for one artist)
or
Music Album (best for tracks from one abum)
 Also apply this template to all subfolders

[[Specifies that the template you select for your folder is applied to all
of its subfolders as well.]]

Click Apply | Click OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:A04EEE53-26D8-43B2-BD19-2BA378BD2700@microsoft.com,
dwap <dwap@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks for reply but there is still no sign of the heading. Think I've
> lost it somewhere...
> --
> dougp
>

> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> You need to highlight a file first for it to appear in the Tasks pane.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:4075E73C-F9B7-4064-8987-EE51F916EF9D@microsoft.com,
>> dwap <dwap@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Do all XP home edition systems have copy to CD in the task box? Or have
>>> I lost the heading for some reason.
>>> --
>>> dougp

Also:

Enable "Enable Recording on this drive" option:
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"dwap" <dwap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for reply but there is still no sign of the heading. Think I've
> lost
> it somewhere...
> --
> dougp
>

> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> You need to highlight a file first for it to appear in the Tasks pane.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:4075E73C-F9B7-4064-8987-EE51F916EF9D@microsoft.com,
>> dwap <dwap@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>> > Do all XP home edition systems have copy to CD in the task box? Or have
>> > lost the heading for some reason.
>> > --
>> > dougp

Thank for your help, it was the 'Enable recording on this drive' option that
was not checked. Working now- Thanks, very helpfull group..
--
dougp

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Also:
>
> Enable "Enable Recording on this drive" option:
> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php
>

> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "dwap" <dwap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for reply but there is still no sign of the heading. Think I've
> > lost
> > it somewhere...
> > --
> > dougp
> >

> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >
> >> You need to highlight a file first for it to appear in the Tasks pane.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >> Wes
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >>
> >> In news:4075E73C-F9B7-4064-8987-EE51F916EF9D@microsoft.com,
> >> dwap <dwap@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

Glad we could help, dougp.

--

> Thank for your help, it was the 'Enable recording on this drive' option
> that
> was not checked. Working now- Thanks, very helpfull group..
> --
> dougp
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Also:
>>
>> Enable "Enable Recording on this drive" option:
>> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php
>>

>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "dwap" <dwap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for reply but there is still no sign of the heading. Think I've
>> > lost
>> > it somewhere...
>> > --
>> > dougp
>> >

>> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

Hi Ramesh,

Enable CD recording on this drive was my first thought.

I have one CD burner, E:. I normally have this disabled on E:. I have InCD
and Nero. InCD does not work with Enable CD recording on this drive
enabled.

I set Enable CD recording on E: both ways, killed explorer.exe and
still saw Copy to audio CD in Music Tasks after highlighting a file.

Neither InCD or Nero was running. First thing I do is kill InCD.exe from
starting automatically after installing.

Should I have rebooted to see if Copy to audio CD disappeared?
No, rebooting didn't change anything.

Or does it matter with InCD and Nero installed?
I am not going to uninstall to find out.

Enable CD recording on this drive is disabled for E:. I still see Copy to
audio CD in Music Tasks.

Highlight a file | Click Copy to audio CD | Windows Media Player opens |
Nothing else happens | I have WMP set to Classic, so click Full Mode | Copy
to CD or Device appears in WMP | No device detected. Press F5 to refresh. |
Close WMP

Highlight a file | Click Copy to audio CD | Windows Media Player opens |
Right click a file | Select Copy to CD or device | WMP changes from Classic
to Full Mode, Copy to CD or Device appears | No device detected. Press F5 to
refresh. | Close WMP

Conclusion: Frog cannot hear with no legs. ;-)

It's obvious that I don't use Windows Media Player for recording anything.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23ENqZcssFHA.2348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
> Glad we could help, dougp.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "dwap" <dwap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Thank for your help, it was the 'Enable recording on this drive' option
>> that
>> was not checked. Working now- Thanks, very helpfull group..
>> --
>> dougp
>>

>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>>
>>> Also:
>>>
>>> Enable "Enable Recording on this drive" option:
>>> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php
>>>

>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows XP Shell/User
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>

>>> "dwap" <dwap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hi Wes,

>> Enable CD recording on this drive is disabled for E:. I still see Copy
>> to audio CD in Music Tasks.

Oh yes! I noticed the same behavior here. Not running InCD or any burning
software. But the "Copy to CD" option (present in document / pictures
folders disappears correctly).

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> Hi Ramesh,
>
> Enable CD recording on this drive was my first thought.
>
> I have one CD burner, E:. I normally have this disabled on E:. I have
> InCD
> and Nero. InCD does not work with Enable CD recording on this drive
> enabled.
>
> I set Enable CD recording on E: both ways, killed explorer.exe and
> still saw Copy to audio CD in Music Tasks after highlighting a file.
>
> Neither InCD or Nero was running. First thing I do is kill InCD.exe from
> starting automatically after installing.
>
> Should I have rebooted to see if Copy to audio CD disappeared?
> No, rebooting didn't change anything.
>
> Or does it matter with InCD and Nero installed?
> I am not going to uninstall to find out.
>
> Enable CD recording on this drive is disabled for E:. I still see Copy to
> audio CD in Music Tasks.
>
> Highlight a file | Click Copy to audio CD | Windows Media Player opens |
> Nothing else happens | I have WMP set to Classic, so click Full Mode |
> Copy
> to CD or Device appears in WMP | No device detected. Press F5 to refresh.
> |
> Close WMP
>
> Highlight a file | Click Copy to audio CD | Windows Media Player opens |
> Right click a file | Select Copy to CD or device | WMP changes from
> Classic
> to Full Mode, Copy to CD or Device appears | No device detected. Press F5
> refresh. | Close WMP
>
> Conclusion: Frog cannot hear with no legs. ;-)
>
> It's obvious that I don't use Windows Media Player for recording anything.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:%23ENqZcssFHA.2348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
>> Glad we could help, dougp.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "dwap" <dwap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Thank for your help, it was the 'Enable recording on this drive' option
>>> that
>>> was not checked. Working now- Thanks, very helpfull group..
>>> --
>>> dougp

Hi Ramesh,

Hmm..

I was hoping you might inquire about the frog.

I heard this the first day of 7th grade science class. It must have made an
impression on me. ;-) 7th grade for me is medieval history.

A scientist was conducting an experiment with a frog. The frog was on the
lab bench, the scientist said, "Jump frog, jump." The frog jumped clear to
the end of the bench. The scientist made some notes in his notebook; frog
can jump far.

The scientist removed the frog's left front leg. The scientist said, "Jump
frog, jump." The frog jumped about three quarters of the length of the
bench. The scientist made some notes in his notebook; frog's jumping is
hampered by only three legs.

The scientist removed the frog's right front leg. The scientist said, "Jump
frog, jump." The frog jumped about half way down the bench. The scientist
made some notes in his notebook; frog's jumping is really getting hampered
with only two legs.

The scientist removed the frog's right rear leg. The scientist said, "Jump
frog, jump." The frog jumped about a quarter of the length of the bench.
The scientist made some notes in his notebook; frog's jumping is truly
getting hampered with only one leg.

The scientist removed the frogs left rear leg. The scientist said, "Jump
frog, jump." The frog just sat there. The scientist hollered, "Jump frog,
jump." The frog just sat there. The scientist made some notes in his
notebook; Conclusion: Frog cannot hear without any legs.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:OsTqYj2sFHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
> Hi Wes,
>
>>> Enable CD recording on this drive is disabled for E:. I still see Copy
>>> to audio CD in Music Tasks.
>
> Oh yes! I noticed the same behavior here. Not running InCD or any burning
> software. But the "Copy to CD" option (present in document / pictures
> folders disappears correctly).
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

>> Hi Ramesh,
>>
>> Enable CD recording on this drive was my first thought.
>>
>> I have one CD burner, E:. I normally have this disabled on E:. I have
>> InCD
>> and Nero. InCD does not work with Enable CD recording on this drive
>> enabled.
>>
>> I set Enable CD recording on E: both ways, killed explorer.exe and
>> still saw Copy to audio CD in Music Tasks after highlighting a file.
>>
>> Neither InCD or Nero was running. First thing I do is kill InCD.exe from
>> starting automatically after installing.
>>
>> Should I have rebooted to see if Copy to audio CD disappeared?
>> No, rebooting didn't change anything.
>>
>> Or does it matter with InCD and Nero installed?
>> I am not going to uninstall to find out.
>>
>> Enable CD recording on this drive is disabled for E:. I still see Copy
>> to audio CD in Music Tasks.
>>
>> Highlight a file | Click Copy to audio CD | Windows Media Player opens |
>> Nothing else happens | I have WMP set to Classic, so click Full Mode |
>> Copy
>> to CD or Device appears in WMP | No device detected. Press F5 to refresh.
>>>
>> Close WMP
>>
>> Highlight a file | Click Copy to audio CD | Windows Media Player opens |
>> Right click a file | Select Copy to CD or device | WMP changes from
>> Classic
>> to Full Mode, Copy to CD or Device appears | No device detected. Press F5
>> refresh. | Close WMP
>>
>> Conclusion: Frog cannot hear with no legs. ;-)
>>
>> It's obvious that I don't use Windows Media Player for recording
>> anything.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:%23ENqZcssFHA.2348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
>>> Glad we could help, dougp.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows XP Shell/User
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>

>>> "dwap" <dwap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Wes,

Actually I knew about that "frog theory", not when I was in the 7th Grade,
but as of recent (5 years back or so). That 's the reason I did not inquire
about the frog :)

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Hi Ramesh,

So it's still alive, huh? :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:ueRFQFCtFHA.904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
> Wes,
>
> Actually I knew about that "frog theory", not when I was in the 7th Grade,
> but as of recent (5 years back or so). That 's the reason I did not
> inquire about the frog :)
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

>> Hi Ramesh,
>>
>> Hmm..
>>
>> I was hoping you might inquire about the frog.
>>
>> I heard this the first day of 7th grade science class. It must have made
>> an
>> impression on me. ;-) 7th grade for me is medieval history.
>>
>> A scientist was conducting an experiment with a frog. The frog was on
>> the lab bench, the scientist said, "Jump frog, jump." The frog jumped
>> clear to
>> the end of the bench. The scientist made some notes in his notebook;
>> frog can jump far.
>>
>> The scientist removed the frog's left front leg. The scientist said,
>> "Jump
>> frog, jump." The frog jumped about three quarters of the length of the
>> bench. The scientist made some notes in his notebook; frog's jumping is
>> hampered by only three legs.
>>
>> The scientist removed the frog's right front leg. The scientist said,
>> "Jump
>> frog, jump." The frog jumped about half way down the bench. The
>> scientist
>> made some notes in his notebook; frog's jumping is really getting
>> hampered with only two legs.
>>
>> The scientist removed the frog's right rear leg. The scientist said,
>> "Jump
>> frog, jump." The frog jumped about a quarter of the length of the bench.
>> The scientist made some notes in his notebook; frog's jumping is truly
>> getting hampered with only one leg.
>>
>> The scientist removed the frogs left rear leg. The scientist said, "Jump
>> frog, jump." The frog just sat there. The scientist hollered, "Jump
>> frog,
>> jump." The frog just sat there. The scientist made some notes in his
>> notebook; Conclusion: Frog cannot hear without any legs.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:OsTqYj2sFHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
>>> Hi Wes,

>>> Oh yes! I noticed the same behavior here. Not running InCD or any
>>> burning software. But the "Copy to CD" option (present in document /
>>> pictures folders disappears correctly).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows XP Shell/User
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

Wes

Conclusion #2: Frog can stay alive for so many (extra) years without any
legs. :)

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

<LOL>

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eTw9PQOtFHA.1028@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
> Wes
>
> Conclusion #2: Frog can stay alive for so many (extra) years without any
> legs. :)
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

>> Hi Ramesh,
>>
>> So it's still alive, huh? :)
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:ueRFQFCtFHA.904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
>>> Wes,
>>>
>>> Actually I knew about that "frog theory", not when I was in the 7th
>>> Grade,
>>> but as of recent (5 years back or so). That 's the reason I did not
>>> inquire about the frog :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows XP Shell/User
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

:)

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> <LOL>
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:eTw9PQOtFHA.1028@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
>> Wes
>>
>> Conclusion #2: Frog can stay alive for so many (extra) years without any
>> legs. :)
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

>>> Hi Ramesh,
>>>
>>> So it's still alive, huh? :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:ueRFQFCtFHA.904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>>> Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> hunted and pecked:

I stumbled across this while looking for something else. :)

Frog Legs and the Modern Battery
http://www.ccrane.com/library/frog-legs.01.20.03.aspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23ReyWkUtFHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
> :)
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

>> <LOL>
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:eTw9PQOtFHA.1028@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
>>> Wes
>>>
>>> Conclusion #2: Frog can stay alive for so many (extra) years without any
>>> legs. :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows XP Shell/User
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

<snip>

Nice one, Wes :)

I'm now looking in Google to see if there are any other frog experiments.
http://www.google.com/search?q=frog+experiment ;)

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

>I stumbled across this while looking for something else. :)
>
> Frog Legs and the Modern Battery
> http://www.ccrane.com/library/frog-legs.01.20.03.aspx
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:%23ReyWkUtFHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
> Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
>> :)
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

>>> <LOL>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:eTw9PQOtFHA.1028@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
>>> Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> hunted and pecked:

> <snip>

I found this on the second page of your Google search.

Aha! Jokes > Science Jokes > Biologist experiment
http://www.ahajokes.com/sci74.html

Looks like I remembered the joke pretty close for not having heard it for 38
years. ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes