[SOLVED] Copy files but not windows 10?

Jan 29, 2019
Hello! I took a laptop and cleaned up a fresh install of windows 10. All I did was remove most of the random apps(such as Xbox) and install a couple things such as chrome. I basically want to clone the laptop exactly how it is and put it on another computer. The only thing is, I don't want to use any outside software. I also don't want to take a system image. I just want to replace what is currently on the computer I didn't clean up with the same files from the computer I did clean up. So cloning without taking the windows OS. I want to be able to take those files I copied and put it on any Windows 10 laptop or pc.

Solution
Yep, not possible. There are hundreds, sometimes thousands of supporting files and registry entries that are required for an application to work correctly, all of which are put where they need to be IN the OS at the time of installation. Aside from portable applications and some games, ain't gonna happen.

popatim

Titan
Documents, Pics, Music, videos, games that use launchers (like Steam, Origin, Uplay...) are mostly just it copy to the other pc and in the correct folders. For launcher games you need to add the new folder to the launcher apps library locations if it has one already. For launcher games, I am assuming you are using the same account as the original pc. Some games won't work and some will need a repair to work.

Other software that you install mostly wont work. Too much info gets spread out in the registry & hidden folders.

Yep, not possible. There are hundreds, sometimes thousands of supporting files and registry entries that are required for an application to work correctly, all of which are put where they need to be IN the OS at the time of installation. Aside from portable applications and some games, ain't gonna happen.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

Absolutely will not work.