copying files to CD-RW //read only status

joan

I recently changed from Windows ME to XP Professional. The
formating of a disc in the CD-RW drive seems to occur as
you add individual files. Is there a way to format the
disc all at once and after that, how do you make the
copied files NOT be read only. I am unable to reset the
permissions attribute for the files I want to copy to the
disc.

joan wrote:
> I recently changed from Windows ME to XP Professional. The
> formating of a disc in the CD-RW drive seems to occur as
> you add individual files. Is there a way to format the
> disc all at once and after that, how do you make the
> copied files NOT be read only. I am unable to reset the
> permissions attribute for the files I want to copy to the
> disc.

Anything copied to a disc is automatically "read only", you need to copy
back onto your hard drive and then remove the "read only" attribute.

--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

You need to obtain third party CDRW software like Roxio or Nero

John Allen

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:22:06 -0700, "joan"