copying protected CDs

G

How do I make a copy of protected CDs for my own personal use.
I have a Teac 8x8x32 but cant remember the model number.
The software I use is Nero 5.5
Thanks, tattiebogle

FatBurger

Illustrious
Ok, I'll give in. Nero is a great all-around tool, but for copying protected CDs, you can use <A HREF="http://www.elby.de/CloneCD/english/" target="_new">CloneCD</A> or <A HREF="http://www.blindread.com" target="_new">BlindRead</A>/<A HREF="http://www.blindwrite.com" target="_new">BindWrite</A>. Nero WILL work, but these will work better.

Anyhow, with any of these programs, just search through all the options, and do anything like "ignore errors", or "ignore illegal TOC". Anything that can be ignored, left uncorrected, etc. is good.

------------------------------
Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
http://www.cdrinfo.com/

get clonecd and the companion program clony (eng ver)
Lagger

<b><font color=blue>Never try to idiot proof anything..God will always make a better Idiot </b> </font color=blue>

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
"Are they gonna give me candy?"

If you squint really hard, and make some really ridiculous noises with your hand and armpit, a $300,000 fine and 12 months in jail can look like 'candy'. That is, compared to what you would have gone through as a POW in World War II.....

So it all depends on your perspective.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I don't think the Central Intelligence Agency, Microsoft, Komitet Gosudarstvenno Bezopasnosti, or the Men in Black are going to fine me and put me in jail. The CIA and KGB would just kill me, the MIB would just erase the memory of how to pirate in the future.
And Microsoft? I don't even want to think about the horrible things they'd do to me.

------------------------------
Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Komitet Gosudarstvenno Bezopasnosti?

You must've read my mind. I was trying to remember the words of the acronym, but since it's Russian, I had no chance. Thanks!

G

The only thing I can add is a great site for copying games. www.gamecopyworld.com. Get the patches there and read the copying guides. The guides are good for copying other programs. Consider downloading the version off the internet that someone has already cracked the protectioon for.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absoutely. Lord Acton.

forgettythatty

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2001
I think it is a CD-W58E. you are in luck and should be able to copy most protections, but you'll have to use like insektor to use your SD2 (safe disc 2) back ups. Just use CloneCD. If you make imperfect SD2 copies (cause your not using insektor) use www.daemon-tools.com and emulate the SD2 protection and it might work. Make sure you get at least the ASPI thing at Daemon-tools.com or blind won't work if you are trying that. I like blind, but it screwed up a copy I had and clone never did that, but that was awhile ago and blind is still beta. I see no reason to use blind over clone though.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
ummm.... microsoft would probaby wipe your hard drive and install windows95, original version!
no bug fixes!
ewwwww
now is that cruel and unusual or what

Is that a Northwoody in your pocket or are you just eXPited to see me?

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Hey cool, I can understand that! Oh and btw, I don't think FBI and whatever comes after you for burning games, or am I wrong? Just curious, cause I remember in the napster lawsuit, the judge said they were after only the companies who made illegal CD's, not individual users.

U got a problem?! Then dial 1800-328-7448!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Most likely because it is not worth the time, money and effort to track down millions of 13-year olds who will not actually have any legal action taken against them.

<font color=orange>Quarter <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

FatBurger

Illustrious
18, because you're not a minor anymore. Well, you still can't drink.

That's kind of stupid. You can go to jail but not drink?

Actually, I think you should be able to go to jail at any age, but if they're going to start drawing lines, why make them different? Most countries are just 18 across the board. Or 16, in some cases. Only a few are 21, and I don't know of any other than America that has different ages for different things.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
In most states for major crimes kids can be tried and convicted as adults at 16 yrs old they are then sent to juvenile facilities until they are 21 at which time they transfer to "the big house"

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>I'm a NASTY Intel\AMD\Nvidia\ATI user and I'm just gonna TAKE that d@mn cookie</b> </font color=blue>