Copying the SAM database

Ian

How do I get my production SAM database on a test Server?
(other than manually creating 70 odd users!)

I have tried rdisk from a floppy from the production
server, but if I try and repair the test server with
this, I blow the test server (as it is a different
machine with different hardware)

It looks as though if you don't tick any restore options
that the SAM user database should be retored, but it
never does? Is there a file just to copy?

Thanks

user

Splendid

best i can think of, is put your test server on your production network as a BDC, once eveything has settled down, unplug it from the production network, plug into your test network and promote to PDC