Question Copying two SSD's to one NVMe?

boias_john

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
So I have a question about copying SSD's over to NVMe. I have two SATA SSD's, one 126GB and one 500GB. The 126GB one is my C: drive with Windows 10 and some lighter programs, images, and music installed, and the 500GB is my D: drive with my bulkier programs, games, and larger personal files on it. What I want to know is, is it possible to copy both drives into the single target NVMe SSD like merging the directories together? Or would I only be able to copy the C: drive to the new NVMe SSD?

If there's any information I'm missing to answer the question, let me know and I'll provide it.

you could certainly clone the OS drive over, creating the new C drive easily enough....; if you shrink the new D:drive's unused space (depending on new NVME drive's size), you might be able to copy the 500 GB drive to a new D partition, but, there will likely be no way to simply merge them into a new single C:drive...

I'd just opt for a full/fresh install to the new drive...;things always go smoother, and, it's good practice! :)

Just clone the C drive to the EVO and expand the partition to fill the available space on it. Test boot the EVO and ensure the disk boots. Then copy over D's files and data. No apps installed from C on the D drive will work so you can leave them on the D drive, but personal files and folders will copy over.

Bottom line, one partition for all data and some C apps will have to be reinstalled.