[SOLVED] core #0 and #2 run hotter than the rest of cores

Solution
It is normal for core temperatures to vary.
Individual cores are placed in different places on the chip and some are nearer to the cooler.
And... the silicon of each varies in quality.
Not much you can or should do about it.
Throttling is to protect against damage.
Laptop coolers are,small, light, and not very effective.
The best you can do is to keep the airways clear.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to use ThrottleStop and undervolt that processor. Likewise, inspect the cooling on the laptop to see if the vents are clogged up with dust or debris. While there, you could opt to change the thermal paste for something higher in quality.

Aside from CPU-Z, do you see the same when you tax the laptop with day to day tasks or other benchmarking tools?

Mar 23, 2022
You might want to use ThrottleStop and undervolt that processor. Likewise, inspect the cooling on the laptop to see if the vents are clogged up with dust or debris. While there, you could opt to change the thermal paste for something higher in quality.

Aside from CPU-Z, do you see the same when you tax the laptop with day to day tasks or other benchmarking tools?

the processor is already undervolted and the laptop is new so i dont think theres something in the cooling. i also changed the thermal paste already (the thermal paste is the corsair TM30). maybe the new thermal paste is low quality too?

Individual cores are placed in different places on the chip and some are nearer to the cooler.

Solution
Mar 23, 2022
so i just got unlucky with the silicon and theres nothing to really worry about right?

notsohumblegod

Commendable
May 21, 2021
so i just got unlucky with the silicon and theres nothing to really worry about right?
Yes, i have similar CPU but lower performance (i5 10200H) 4c/8t behave like this, all you have to do is just clean your airway, repaste, buy a vacuum cooler/cooling pad. undervolt (or even underclock if necessary) and putting max fan speed on heavy load.

My laptop throttle so bad doing heavy stuff, turns out the old owner never repaste both CPU and GPU, #0 core 93-95c all the time, i did those 6 ways above to try cool my laptop and it worked like a charm, especially the vacuum cooling and undervolting CPU to -90mv, now i never reach 78c on both CPU an GPU under heavy load. even if you willing to sacrifice a little performance by underclocking 0,1 ghz on your overheated core can help decreasing temps like 2-3c.

In my experience there is nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Reactions: holabuenasxd