Core 2 Boxed?

mayouuu

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
hi, boys, i hace my core 2 duo here by my side and ive seen that the cooler has something to make contact with the processor instead of termal silicon, should i add some? or its better to use it as it comes from de box?

Yeah go ahead remove the paste on the bottom.
If you have Artic Silver or a dirivative of it then you should use it insead of the thermal paste that comes with the boxed cooler. Remember to clean off the paste that is already on the bottom of the heatsink with rubbing alcohol and Q tips. Put only a rice sized squeeze of the thermal compound on the bottom of the het sink and spread it evenly.

mayouuu

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
i dont have artic silver, the thermal paste i have is someone from a vga heatsink that i installed recently and it has not brand name.......the intel heatsink has something like sticks of thermal paste, isnt it? is it better to remove them and use the thermal compound i have?, do i use it better like it is right out of the box or just use them at the same time......

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Oh your in spain.
Well that might be harder for you then.
If there is a computer type store over there they should have it for under 5 euro though. I really wouldn't suggest the other white "pastes"

Is there nothing on it and a tube of stuff(paste)
I wouldn't add the HS with nothing.
I'd at least use the junk paste with it over nothing.
At the same time I suggest getting good paste.

mayouuu

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
thank you guys, ill decide it wile im waiting for my hard disks.... xD. oh, here in spain its so easy to find it hehe, we are not living with bulls or something like this xDDD :D , i just have near my home one of the biggest computer stores in Europe, ALTERNATE and i can have it ther for 5€ . thank you all guys!

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Man... you guys... why are you telling this person to apply her own paste when she obviously seems to have no inclination to do any OC'ing or anything else with her comp. The stock intel paste works fine, just use it. Don't listen to these people. Your not OC'ing right? Even with the stock intel heatsink and stock paste, your temps won't go above 50 load at stock speed. Don't worry about it, your fine.

Save your money. Buy some jewelry.

mayouuu

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
thank you man, Im a boy hehe, i say it becouse you wrote she.... and i dont really like jewels.....xDDD, ok then it doesnt matter now xD....
Im studiying electronics engeneering and i consider me an advanced pc user, im not overcloking now becouse i dont need to, but maybe i will if i need it...... so, thats what i wanted to know, if that compund there in the stock heatsink was good enough or it would be better to use this one i have here with no brand name, i dont really need the best compaund to have my CPU 2ºC less hot. THANK YOU MATE

TRENDING THREADS