Core 2 Duo E6700 In My Hand!

Logicsequence

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2004
Well, ladies and gentlemen, to all those naysayers out there:

I have my Core 2 Duo E6700 ordered from TigerDirect, IN MY HAND at this very moment. Just got it 15 min ago! Boy was i surprised to hear UPS today, it was supposed to get here WED... But i'm not complaining! And YES, it says on the chip heat spreader itself Intel CoreTM2 DUO 6700.

Now, *places chip in home floor safe*, all i need is for newegg to get those d@mned Asus P5W DH motherboards in and i can complete my new computer build order... *taps fingers*...

EDIT:
Which just proves that if you ordered from TD and you were lucky enough to order quickly, and don't have a backorder tag on your order number, you WILL get your C2D. ;)

Logicsequence

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2004
But wait, I thought it was a paper-launch? Oh wait, that's all weird fanboy speek trying to discredit Intel.

Awesomeness. Please let us know how everything goes!

HEHE :p

Oh i will, i'm just waiting on Newegg now... i knew i should have ordered that mobo at the same time.. GAH... oh well, i hope they have them in by there little ETA: thingy... I guess i could always grab one on Ebay tho, i just don't want 5 dozen things coming in from 5 dozen etailers... i like getting that one huge box the UPS guy has trouble carrying ;) makes it seem like christmas!

Mex

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005
Congratulations, you're now the proud owner of a 143 sq. mm chunk of sand.
Seriously, C2D sounds great and all, but is this really neccesary?

Mex

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005

don't flame just because you're jealous ;)
Does it matter? The forum went to hell over a 143 sq. mm chunk of sand. People are throwing out their perfectly good, fire-breathing computers for this wonder chip. I'm not jealous at all, I just find it hard to understand how people can become obsessed with a chunk of sand. My computer is outdated, yet I have no plans to upgrade anytime soon.

Now I'm curious - what are your current specs? Chances are, mine computer is worse than yours.

Logicsequence

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2004

Does it matter? The forum went to hell over a 143 sq. mm chunk of sand. People are throwing out their perfectly good, fire-breathing computers for this wonder chip. I'm not jealous at all, I just find it hard to understand how people can become obsessed with a chunk of sand. My computer is outdated, yet I have no plans to upgrade anytime soon.

Now I'm curious - what are your current specs? Chances are, mine computer is worse than yours.

Mine current specs are in my sig

garnin

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
Why would you be proud of your own computer's mediocrity? Are you gonna come to a tech forum and revel in how little tech you have?

BTW, you do realize it's not actually a chunk of sand right? :roll:

Anyways, my 6600 "chunk of sand" should be coming from TD today as well. Yay!

Logicsequence

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2004
You are so cool! :lol: Now get a life geek boy.

I'm sorry, who are you again??

And this geek boy has a life, and a job in 3D animation, so this geek boy is going to enjoy his new computer while you call some people a few more names? Ummmkay? have fun! *waves*

garnin

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006

And this geek boy has a life, and a job in 3D animation, so this geek boy is going to enjoy his new computer while you call some people a few more names? Ummmkay? have fun! *waves*

Haha, leave him alone dude, he was responding to Mex. ::points to little in reply to blurb in upper right corner of posts::

Logicsequence

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2004

Haha, leave him alone dude, he was responding to Mex. ::points to little in reply to blurb in upper right corner of posts::

Oh well in that case i sincerely apologize, MrsBytch, if this is correct, you're back IN, welcome :).

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
But wait, I thought it was a paper-launch? Oh wait, that's all weird fanboy speek trying to discredit Intel.

Awesomeness. Please let us know how everything goes!

Well, I think they have an arguable point if Intel knew it could meet demand and went ahead with the release anyway. I know, thats is a big if, but still, we are talking about Intels marketing division. As I recall, all the folks Intel employs for marketing once worked for a firm that was fired by Satan for unethical practices. :wink:

Realisitcally, I agree with what Chunkymonster said
I wouldn't call it a paper launch, not by definition...but I would say that this is a (or what has become a) typical and poorly orchestrated product launch

Peace

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Why would you be proud of your own computer's mediocrity? Are you gonna come to a tech forum and revel in how little tech you have?

BTW, you do realize it's not actually a chunk of sand right? :roll:

silicon is made from sand.

Mex

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005

Mine current specs are in my sig
Huh, that's the exact computer I was thinking about when I was writing...okay, score 1 for LogicSequence.

Socket 370 Celeron 1.10A @ 1.46GHz
ABIT ST6-RAID
2 * 256 MB Crucial PC133
EVGA GeForce 6600 AGP
Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM/10GB 7200RPM (Stuck on ATA33)
One crappy Toshiba DVD-ROM
A FDD that I screwed the wiring up on
Zalman 400W "Silent" PSU
A case W/O a name.
ViewSonic A90f+

==============================

You are so cool! Laughing Now get a life geek boy.
If you or I had a life, then neither of us would be here.

BTW, you do realize it's not actually a chunk of sand right? Rolling Eyes

I'm not proud of the thing at all; I just find it idoitic that those on the cutting edge always have to act like they're the most pressured to upgrade. Why can't they just take what they have and roll with it?

I know that a hell of a lot more goes into a CPU than just sand - but you got my point, right?

I have a unicorn.
Core 2 duos are cool too tho.

Grats
I envy you.

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Good point, but not entirely correct. Sand is a broad term. If your in Hawaii, sand is ground volcanic rock, if your in NW Florida, sand is the ground shells of various sea life, if your on Santraginus V, the sand is made of marble :lol:

Peace

Tell me about it. I hit the marble sand face first after my first Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. :oops:

What about on Traal? Assuming you have your towel for protection, of course. Those Ravenous Bugblatter Beasts are horrendous. 8O

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Good point, but not entirely correct. Sand is a broad term. If your in Hawaii, sand is ground volcanic rock, if your in NW Florida, sand is the ground shells of various sea life, if your on Santraginus V, the sand is made of marble :lol:

Peace

Tell me about it. I hit the marble sand face first after my first Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. :oops:

What about on Traal? Assuming you have your towel for protection, of course. Those Ravenous Bugblatter Beasts are horrendous. 8O

Nice. I was wondering if anyone would catch that. :)

You win :trophy:

Ravenous Bugblatter Beasts ? No problem, I just send grandmother in first.

Peace