Core 2 Duo for office use?

I'm planning to get a Core 2 Duo E8400 PC with probably 2 or 3 gigs ram. The PC will be used probably only for checking mail and other small stuff. Is this going to be enough?
Also will it be able to handle win 10?

Solution
I still run my old core 2 duo e6400 2.1ghz as a htpc, 4gb ram, windows 10, r7 240 (previous 6570 was having issues and the original x1300 isn't compatible with 10). The old intel igpus don't have a windows 10 driver and runs off the basic windows driver so you'd want some gpu that is compatible. This pc also runs world of tanks and some other games like that pretty well on medium. 2gb ram gets eaten up just browsing so I'd suggest 4gb.

I got my 240 for $25 after rebate back in like January but prices have gone up even the month after I bought it up to $40, now it's $50. Depending on how much you want to spend and if the mobo is compatible with uefi gpus, you could just get a cheap 710 for $30 or a 1030 for $70. There isn't much value...

Just need to make sure everything will be fine. How much memory do you think will be sufficient? Maybe I may play older classic titles on it.
Also, should I get a cheap gpu for it?

4 gigs seems plenty for running old titles and even chrome in the background so I'll stick to that.
Can you tell me a specific model for the gpu?

I still run my old core 2 duo e6400 2.1ghz as a htpc, 4gb ram, windows 10, r7 240 (previous 6570 was having issues and the original x1300 isn't compatible with 10). The old intel igpus don't have a windows 10 driver and runs off the basic windows driver so you'd want some gpu that is compatible. This pc also runs world of tanks and some other games like that pretty well on medium. 2gb ram gets eaten up just browsing so I'd suggest 4gb.

I got my 240 for $25 after rebate back in like January but prices have gone up even the month after I bought it up to $40, now it's $50. Depending on how much you want to spend and if the mobo is compatible with uefi gpus, you could just get a cheap 710 for $30 or a 1030 for $70. There isn't much value in between. Above the 710 is a 730 or 240 and those are $50-60 but a 1030 is significantly better for just $10 more.

Solution

RAGNAR5

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017

if it's possible for you go with 4gb or even 8gb ram.
and yes cheap gpu with old games that would help you a lot you didn't say if you have extra budget for ram or gpu.