Question Core 2 quad q6600 on a msi ms 7255 v2. 1 p4m900m2 motherboard

Jan 25, 2020
Recently i upgraded my cpu from core 2 duo e8400 to core 2 quad q6600 on a msi ms 7255 v2. 1 motherboard with p4m900m2. While the core 2 duo e8400 had no problem detecting ram of 2gb 1+1, the quad core q6600 detect it only for a short period of time. What seems to be the problem here. Please, if you have any solution, I'll be happy to hear it. Thanks in advance

Also i have upgraded bios to latest version A7255VMS. 560

Recently i upgraded my cpu from core 2 duo e8400 to core 2 quad q6600 on a msi ms 7255 v2. 1 motherboard with p4m900m2. While the core 2 duo e8400 had no problem detecting ram of 2gb 1+1, the quad core q6600 detect it only for a short period of time. What seems to be the problem here. Please, if you have any solution, I'll be happy to hear it. Thanks in advance

Also i have upgraded bios to latest version A7255VMS. 560
You might need to pull the Q6600 out and place it back in after checking for bent or broken pins. If you moved the computer or bumped it after installation it might have shifted slightly to cause a problem detecting memory. It's a common issue I've found with Intel CPUs using LGA CPU sockets, especially when the system has been moved around or on first installation.

Jan 25, 2020
You might need to pull the Q6600 out and place it back in after checking for bent or broken pins. If you moved the computer or bumped it after installation it might have shifted slightly to cause a problem detecting memory. It's a common issue I've found with Intel CPUs using LGA CPU sockets, especially when the system has been moved around or on first installation.
Thanks I've made a mistake about the processor. It should be core 2 duo e4400 not e8400.

The motherboard I'm using is an old one MSI Ms 7255 v2. 1 with p4m900m2l on Northbridge. The problem is that when I use the e4400, i detect both my ram which is 2gb. But when i take out the e4400 and insert the q6600, without even moving the ram, the motherboard cannot detect both of them. For instance, i inserted only 1gb ram, on first slot, and cannot detect, than i try it in second slot, sometimes it detects it.. But when i tried to enter windows i hangs in the Windows logo and when i reboot it, the same ram cannot be detected. Thinking that the ram has some defect, i tried new one, the exact happens with this ram too. I upgraded the bios to latest version.

Thanks I've made a mistake about the processor. It should be core 2 duo e4400 not e8400.

The motherboard I'm using is an old one MSI Ms 7255 v2. 1 with p4m900m2l on Northbridge. The problem is that when I use the e4400, i detect both my ram which is 2gb. But when i take out the e4400 and insert the q6600, without even moving the ram, the motherboard cannot detect both of them. For instance, i inserted only 1gb ram, on first slot, and cannot detect, than i try it in second slot, sometimes it detects it.. But when i tried to enter windows i hangs in the Windows logo and when i reboot it, the same ram cannot be detected. Thinking that the ram has some defect, i tried new one, the exact happens with this ram too. I upgraded the bios to latest version.
I didn't have time to look up your motherboard before I responded, but now I have looked it up and it does not support quadcore CPUs. The best CPUs you can use on your motherboard are a Core 2 Duo E6700 or X6800. The E6800 is not listed in the support list.

Jan 25, 2020
I didn't have time to look up your motherboard before I responded, but now I have looked it up and it does not support quadcore CPUs. The best CPUs you can use on your motherboard are a Core 2 Duo E6700 or X6800. The E6800 is not listed in the support list.
Oh my god.... I never thought that a motherboard of 775 can have unsupported processors of 775. Guess I'll have to buy a new board.

Thank you so much for you answers and your valuable time. I really appreciate your help. Thanks again..

Oh my god.... I never thought that a motherboard of 775 can have unsupported processors of 775. Guess I'll have to buy a new board.

Thank you so much for you answers and your valuable time. I really appreciate your help. Thanks again..

Applies to all motherboards, regardless of make or model >>> the CPU socket type doesn't necessarily mean the board supports all CPUs which fit that socket.