[SOLVED] Core 2 quad q6600 temps 60C

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
So i'm using a core 2 quad q6600 with an antec a30 cooler my temps used to be 50 to 55 but now its 57 to 60 but it never goes above 70 while gaming are these temps safe? why did my temps increase? its about 32C outside.

Solution
Because of your ambient temperature and maybe because of old thermal paste between cooler and CPU. You can reapply fresh thermal paste if you want.

The temperature is not going to hurt or throttle your CPU, all safe for now. if it´s reaching 80°C, you can try using additional case fans or let the current fans spin faster
Because of your ambient temperature and maybe because of old thermal paste between cooler and CPU. You can reapply fresh thermal paste if you want.

The temperature is not going to hurt or throttle your CPU, all safe for now. if it´s reaching 80°C, you can try using additional case fans or let the current fans spin faster

Solution

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020

what is ambient temperature? and iv'e been using this cooler for only 4 months now.