[SOLVED] core 5c1 and core 5c6 at 0%

Solution
C states are sleep states meaning inactive core. Under full load no cores should enter C6 state. run Cinebench 23 multi thread and watch what the C states do. They should only enter C states for a fraction of a second as the program switches to a new render.
C states are sleep states meaning inactive core. Under full load no cores should enter C6 state. run Cinebench 23 multi thread and watch what the C states do. They should only enter C states for a fraction of a second as the program switches to a new render.

Solution

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
So during a stress test the c1 and c6 states being 0% is normal , right ?

the core 5c1 and core 5c6 were at 0% on full load , that means that were in use and not slepping ?

https://postimg.cc/LYnrjW9x
The HWInfo sensor screen is a bit messed up...I think you've got a lot of sensors either hidden or moved to odd locations. In particular you're not seeing the correct story of your processor C-States for all the cores.

If you've not set up the sensor screen that way for a reason you might go down to the configure button (the button that looks like a gear), then select the LAYOUT tab, in middle of that window make sure the Fixed Order block is checked, then tick the Restore Original Order button to fix up the display and see the full C-State sensor status.

Any core will be in one of the three states: C0 (working), C1 (mostly asleep) or C6 (deep sleep). The current percent column is the percent of time it's in that C-state across a polling period for one core; for the whole processor it's an average of the percent of time across the polling period for all cores.

Even when working hard the Window's scheduler may not have something to put on the core so for that brief moment the CPU will put the core into C6 if it can so the MAXIMUM column may be non-zero since it's the single largest percentage it's seen across the averaging period (which is way, way longer than the polling period).

Last edited:

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
The HWInfo sensor screen is a bit messed up...I think you've got a lot of sensors either hidden or moved to odd locations. In particular you're not seeing the correct story of your processor C-States for all the cores.

If you've not set up the sensor screen that way for a reason you might go down to the configure button (the button that looks like a gear), then select the LAYOUT tab, in middle of that window make sure the Fixed Order block is checked, then tick the Restore Original Order button to fix up the display and see the full C-State sensor status.

Any core will be in one of the three states: C0 (working), C1 (mostly asleep) or C6 (deep sleep). The current percent column is the percent of time it's in that C-state across a polling period for one core; for the whole processor it's an average of the percent of time across the polling period for all cores.

Even when working hard the Window's scheduler may not have something to put on the core so for that brief moment the CPU will put the core into C6 if it can so the MAXIMUM column may be non-zero since it's the single largest percentage it's seen across the averaging period (which is way, way longer than the polling period).
yes it was a little messy, i noticed that now xD, maybe i have moved something to the wrong place. , but the hidden things are things I don't care for, as the most important thing here is CPU and GPU utilization and GPU and CPU temperatures. my doubt came because the cores in c1 and c6 claim, that I didn't know what they were before, I came from a very old CPU without most of the features of this new CPU... I just wanted to know if my CPU was fully loaded, as I was supposed to be, I'm a little paranoid with everything working as it should.