Core clock MHZ dropping during game play

Sam Wallace

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
Specs before you get started:
Gpu:GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Cpu:AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Processor 3.9
Ram:16 GB

Not sure why, but my core clocks suddenly throttle down randomly in game. I average about 60 then it dips to 37-40 then builds up again. Usually when I'm not in a battle or what not. It occurs when heavy graphics are involved, (shadow warrior 2). I've been monitoring it and the temps usually stay between 30-65. It for sure is not a thermal throttle. I do have it overclocked, with my voltage at 80 and my power at max. Core clock and memory is not far from the factory default. For my graphics, default settings is worse than the overclock. My Overclock gains me about 30-40 fps.
Any suggestions guys?

Solution
I am aware you believe it is not a thermal issue but you may as well try these to fix it:

1) Open case and clean dust off of system.
2) Purchase a new heatsink.
3) Return to factory clock speed.

If it happens to be just a CPU problem then perhaps purchase a new one or new motherboard.

Sam Wallace

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

Yea, I actually do have a phenom 2 x4. But Im afraid it won't preform as well as the fx-6350. x_x
Do you have any suggestions for me on how to stop the vrm's from overheating? I have currently 3 fans equipped.

WhatTheWaffle

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
I am aware you believe it is not a thermal issue but you may as well try these to fix it:

1) Open case and clean dust off of system.
2) Purchase a new heatsink.
3) Return to factory clock speed.

If it happens to be just a CPU problem then perhaps purchase a new one or new motherboard.

Solution