Core i3 7100

farid.azimi80

Commendable
Dec 14, 2017
Hi guys!
My system is 8g ram, gtx 1050 ti, intel g3250
With this pc I have bottleneck in some games and because of that I wanna to upgrade my cpu to core i3 7100.
I want to know that will I have any bottleneck after this upgrade?

Solution
You have a board that will support a 4th gen core i5 chip and you can use your old RAM with it too. It may help to give the name of your RAM and it's speed to verify it will work well with a faster chip. Some chips that would be good:

Core i5 4690 (luxury pick) - 86% faster than what you have
Core i5 4460 - 61% better
Core i5 4430 - 51 % better

Anything i5 that starts with the number 4 is good.

You'll have to source the chip online or you can get lucky if a local shop has one they will let go for a fair price. If you update your chip, you'll want to do a BIOS update before you install it.

Callum Clarke

Honorable
May 28, 2014
You won't be able to upgrade to the I3 unless you get a new motherboard due to it having a different socket. I suggest getting a 4th generation I5 processor as you'll get better value for money and not have to fork out for a new motherboard.

jr9

Estimable
You have a board that will support a 4th gen core i5 chip and you can use your old RAM with it too. It may help to give the name of your RAM and it's speed to verify it will work well with a faster chip. Some chips that would be good:

Core i5 4690 (luxury pick) - 86% faster than what you have
Core i5 4460 - 61% better
Core i5 4430 - 51 % better

Anything i5 that starts with the number 4 is good.

You'll have to source the chip online or you can get lucky if a local shop has one they will let go for a fair price. If you update your chip, you'll want to do a BIOS update before you install it.

Solution