News Core i5-14600K Hits Same 5.3 GHz Boost Clock As Core i5-13600K In New Benchmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
"should have higher clocks..."
:)
Still, 6to11% gain in performance even if you can't get any higher clocks out of the 14th gen. They do show 5253 MHz avg clocks though, so maybe that is why 14th is faster, it can hold higher clocks for longer even if the max clocks are the same, just my guess.
The benchmark results reveal that the chip only hit 5.3GHz during the benchmark run, which is the same max turbo frequency as the i5-13600K. Despite this, the chip managed to pull ahead of its predecessor in the Geekbench scores, by up to 11%.

In the single-core result, the new Raptor Lake Refresh chip scored 2819 points, enabling the CPU to outperform the Core i5-13600K by 5.7% in the same benchmark. In the multi-core benchmark, the 14600K expanded its performance superiority to 11.2% compared to its predecessor, again, despite the fact that both chips are operating at virtually identical clock speeds.

Edit: A CPU with 5.3Ghz is a ready for market product, engineering samples are way slower than normal, not just one or a few hundred Mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.