[SOLVED] core i5 3230M vs core i5 - 5300U

Ahmed J

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
Hi everyone, I am struggling between choosing between these two CPU's (core i5 3230M vs core i5 - 5300U) I know they are quite old but I don't have any other option as they are part of two laptops and I have to choose one.

I've looked at the benchmarks between these two on multiple sites but couldn't get any satisfactory answer. I would have gone for core i5 - 5300U but this is U processor (Ultra Low Power Consumption) and as far as I know U processors are not quite fun to use.

My only concern is performance. So should I go for core i5 3230M or core i5 - 5300U in term of performance and responsiveness of the laptop, considering every other spec of the laptops are same.

Personally, I don't think much of the u processors. They don't seem to jump to turbo as readily as the M processors do. For me this is a no brainer ...

That 3230M is interesting in that ... it come in 2 versions ... one fits in a socket and thus is replaceable and likely upgradeable ... the other is soldered to the motherboard and thus nothing can be done with it. Hopefully the one you're thinking about is socketed. Those u processors are always soldered.

TRENDING THREADS