Intel 330 180 GB SSD (with OS on it)
WD 1TB Black (for data)
MSI z77a-G45 motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws 8 GB RAM
EVGA GTX 660 FTW Signature 2
Corsair TX650m PSU
Lite-on iHAS124-04 Optical DVD Drive
Corsair 200R case

My i5-3570k is not overclocked at all (neither is my RAM). I ran prime95 for about 7 hours on small FFTs setting (with 4 torture test threads). My max temperatures were:
Core 0: 56 Celsius
Core 1: 62 Celsius
Core 2: 61 Celsius
Core 3: 58 Celsius
Package: 61 Celsius

I think the ambient room temperature was around 71 Fahrenheit, so maybe the temperature was somewhere around 21-22 Celsius. Are these results normal? Should I do other tests? Thank you.

fatboytyler

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Those temps seem incredibly fine, especially after 7 hours. Seems as if your cooler is doing quite well! My poor little stock cooler gets quite hot in prime95... Waiting to be able to start my water loop with the H220

That is also a nice looking build. Real similar to mine.

brythespy

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
The CPU is never going to be near room temperature, or even 10-15C of it. Those temps are just fine, and even temps in the mid to high 70's would be acceptable. Only once it goes above 85, should something be done. My old laptop ran at 90 with a similar, but of course mobile version, of the chip you have, and it worked just fine for months. (I sold it.)

The chips are safe for temperature extremes up to 105C, even though the sensor doesn't go above 99C. When it reaches that, the chip will not burn out, but rather, it will slow itself down, and even shut off to protect it and other components, so there really isn't anything you need to worry about.

I'd suggest stress-testing the GPU of the chip too at the same time as the processing component of it. Somthing like playing a game using the HD 4000 and seeing those temps, because, though 60C is low, the GPU is not active, so it isn't a fair test to see how hot the thing could actually get.

Look up intel's own utility, Intel Extreme tuner, or soemthing like that. It has easy overclocking tools and Stress testing for the GPU, CPU and even RAM, plus a nice simple graph to show you every detail about it at different points of time.