Core i5 4570 Temperature.

eLectr0_1

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Hello guys, my processor always goes around 70 ºC while playing any high performance games, for example bf4, watch dogs, and also when doing a benchmark. The thing is I wanna know if that is too high or something, while I'm not doing anything is around 50 ºC.

My friends always tell me that their processor are always around 30 ºC while idling and we have the same cpu cooler (intel's default).

I'm probably buying water cooling anyways but I still wanna know.

Solution
I have i5 4590 and mine idles at 37º - 40º C and on the load it reaches 70º. Your CPU temperature depends on temperature of environment and case cooling efficiency. I don't think it is worth spending money on water cooler for non overclockable CPU. What about your PC case how many fans in there? What are the settings for CPU fan speed in BIOS, maybe it is set for silent mode? Are you cleaning dust regularly from inside of the case? Does your case has some dust filters if yes are they clean?

Perfectly fine temperatures regardless of what cooler you're using. I don't think a water cooler would be a good investment as the CPU can't be overclocked.

Dukediablo2

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015
I have i5 4590 and mine idles at 37º - 40º C and on the load it reaches 70º. Your CPU temperature depends on temperature of environment and case cooling efficiency. I don't think it is worth spending money on water cooler for non overclockable CPU. What about your PC case how many fans in there? What are the settings for CPU fan speed in BIOS, maybe it is set for silent mode? Are you cleaning dust regularly from inside of the case? Does your case has some dust filters if yes are they clean?

Solution