Core i5 Turbo Boost

GrandePrairie

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
When I increase my base clock above 145 the turbo boost function no longer works, however the option is still enabled in the BIOS. Anyone else having this issue?

Mobo: Gigabyte UD4P
RAM: G.Skill Rip Jaws 4GBRL 1600
GFX: EVGA 7950 GT
Case: CM HAF932
Heatsink: Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 Rev.2

Ambient Temp: 17-18C

21x145 Idle: 17-23C

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

Solution
[strike]You forgot to mention what CPU you have.[/strike] Just re-read your title. It looks like you have the i5 750. Set the multiplier at 20. That might be enough to bring Turbo back. If not:

Have you explicitly set Turbo to Enabled, as opposed to just Auto? At Auto, the motherboard will disable it when you OC. Set it to Enabled. Also, I believe C1E and the C-states need to be Enabled. [strike]You may also need to Enable EIST.[/strike] (On second thought, I don't think this is necessary for Turbo.)

If you have an i5 750, the multiplier needs to be at 20. If you have an i7 860, the multiplier needs to be at 21.

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[strike]You forgot to mention what CPU you have.[/strike] Just re-read your title. It looks like you have the i5 750. Set the multiplier at 20. That might be enough to bring Turbo back. If not:

Have you explicitly set Turbo to Enabled, as opposed to just Auto? At Auto, the motherboard will disable it when you OC. Set it to Enabled. Also, I believe C1E and the C-states need to be Enabled. [strike]You may also need to Enable EIST.[/strike] (On second thought, I don't think this is necessary for Turbo.)

If you have an i5 750, the multiplier needs to be at 20. If you have an i7 860, the multiplier needs to be at 21.

Solution