Question Core i7 9700k vs deepcool gammaxx 400 or GTE

Sep 10, 2019
Hi guys.

I'm going to upgrade my PC and i'm going to pick i7 9700k as my CPU.

But my concern is about the CPU cooling. I would like a budget cooling which can work well along with the 9700k. No need to be RBG or fancy.

Could you guys give some recommendations for a budget cpu cooling? I see some recommendation for deepcool gammaxx 400 in the internet but i'm not so sure if it's a good choice.

Thanks for any advices :)

Sep 10, 2019
If you are not going to overclock, that cooler will be fine. The GT is also a good cooler, and a bit better, than the 400.

Do you have any recommendation for a cooling that i could boost the 9700k to 4.9ghz ?
Also do you think it's worth to overclock the 9700k? Sorry i'm a newbie so just having doubts.

Also, i'm going to pick Z390 MSI A-Pro motherboard. Do you think it's reasonable for a budget build?

Last edited:

logainofhades

Titan
I have a coworker that is running a 212 evo, on the 9700k rig, that he built for his wife. Same class of cooler, really, as one of the deepcool coolers. I wish he was working today, so I could ask how his boost frequency, and temps, are. All I know his wife is playing Destiny 2, with a 5700xt, at over 100fps, @1440p. The CPU is stock. The 9700k will do 5.0ghz, all core, fairly easy. Any higher than that is a bit of a gamble. The Bequiet Dark rock Pro4 would be my pick, for a high end cooler, for that 5.0ghz all core overclock. Personally, I don't see the need to really overclock the 9700k, as its boost is already near the limits, of what the CPU can do. Your motherboard is another factor, though too.

Reactions: Ninjakyo
Do you have any recommendation for a cooling that i could boost the 9700k to 4.9ghz ?
Also do you think it's worth to overclock the 9700k? Sorry i'm a newbie so just having doubts.

Also, i'm going to pick Z390 MSI A-Pro motherboard. Do you think it's reasonable for a budget build?
9700K and a z390 combo is top of the line, about as good as it gets for gaming.
While any cooler will do, up to a point, A good cooler will let you get to 5.0.
The gammax has a 120mm fan and is as cheap as you can get.
If your case can support a cooler 160mm high, a noctua NH-D15s is as good as it gets. About $80.

Reactions: Ninjakyo