Question Core i9 13900k - B&H Photo Video preorders

BradS

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Was just wondering if anyone here preordered the 13900k from B&H recently. I placed an order for it from them on the 15th and my current status says "backordered". Anyone order from them and have it shown as shipped today? Hopefully I don't have to wait a month or more to get it lol

BradS

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Yeah I have a feeling I need to possibly try to get one from Newegg instead. Are there any other online retailers carrying the 13900k besides Newegg and B&H? Best Buy doesn't seem to have it which is weird. You would think more places would have it on launch day lol

The only thing keeping me from cancelling the B&H right now is that capital one shopping extension gave me a 20% cash back offer which would be around $130 back if I wait.

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
My most recent CPU purchase was through B&H. They didn't exactly deliver on the day they said it would, required a signature (unalterable), which also wasn't true as I recall. I'm sure they are very good for photo and video equipment, just not had much luck ordering PC components from them.

Haven't tried a pre-order from them. I think the only time I had gotten something on back order I did end up canceling because Newegg had the same price.

I ordered a case once, arrived with none of the filters. Just had to return it.

These days I usually wait for Amazon to have it. Aside from the Newegg Shuffle where I got my 3080Ti.

Puffnstuff

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
I bought my original 5950x from them as they were gouging at a lower rate than the other etailers and fulfilled my order in a timely manner. Even newegg doesn't have any in stock and I don't have a microcenter close by to check on shelf inventory.

Oct 20, 2022
I had the same issue. I contacted their support and they basically said there wasn't enough stock to fulfill preorders and so it was backordered with no ETA. I was super disappointed because the button said preorder and it said estimated shipping date 10/20 (today). Kinda shady if you ask me.

Fortunately, I had contacted them about this yesterday so I was able to plan on waking up early today to instead order from BestBuy as soon as they released at 6am. They didn't go live until like 6:30am, but I was happy I was able to get one and that I'm not going to have to wait for a restock.

Also, the weird thing with BestBuy was that they only had an option for in store pickup, but after I placed my order I was able to modify my order and select a free shipping option.

BradS

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
I had the same issue. I contacted their support and they basically said there wasn't enough stock to fulfill preorders and so it was backordered with no ETA. I was super disappointed because the button said preorder and it said estimated shipping date 10/20 (today). Kinda shady if you ask me.

Fortunately, I had contacted them about this yesterday so I was able to plan on waking up early today to instead order from BestBuy as soon as they released at 6am. They didn't go live until like 6:30am, but I was happy I was able to get one and that I'm not going to have to wait for a restock.

Also, the weird thing with BestBuy was that they only had an option for in store pickup, but after I placed my order I was able to modify my order and select a free shipping option.
Yeah they told me something similar. I asked when they expect my order to be shipped and they said something like "Intel hasn't provided information yet on stock for this product" after I told them the official release date was today (10/20). I guess I will try to grab one from Best Buy or Newegg and when 1 of the orders ships, I will cancel the B&H lol

Oct 21, 2022
Was just wondering if anyone here preordered the 13900k from B&H recently. I placed an order for it from them on the 15th and my current status says "backordered". Anyone order from them and have it shown as shipped today? Hopefully I don't have to wait a month or more to get it lol

I ordered a 13900k on the 5th of October and an Asus Z790I ITX motherboard on the 11th. Both of them still show "backordered" for me one day after release of the 13th gen cpus.

BradS

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
So update. I was able to order from Newegg earlier today (It looks like they have the 13900k in stock right now) and they already shipped it. So I cancelled the B&H order. Not waiting weeks or months for B&H to fulfill the order lol...

If anyone is looking for the 13900k, Newegg has it in stock ready to ship. Says delivery by next Friday for me. (Edit: Looks like sold out now...)