News Core i9-13900KF CPUs Overclock Best, Binning Stats Reveal

gamr

Prominent
Jul 29, 2022
so you can buy a 13900kf for $100 less than the ks, have a good cooler, and get more performance?

criticaloftom

Prominent
Jun 14, 2022
I mean is it even a statistically significant leap in performance (greater then 1.5%). I mean yeah for sure an overclocking enthusiast would like a great bin; but they probably already understand the concept of the chip lottery; unless this article is meant to imply intel is running their own version of the store silicon lottery where they price better performing silicon within the same tier for a higher markup like a scalper.
I mean otherwise your article is a great big 'thank you captain obvious'; with manufacturers selling better stuff for more money.

jp7189

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2012
I miss siliconlottery.com and their stats page. It seems like there's room for an aftermarket seller to sell procs based on their sp. The right person would pay a lot for a known sp114 instead of digging through 150 cpus to find one.

I mean is it even a statistically significant leap in performance (greater then 1.5%). I mean yeah for sure an overclocking enthusiast would like a great bin; but they probably already understand the concept of the chip lottery; unless this article is meant to imply intel is running their own version of the store silicon lottery where they price better performing silicon within the same tier for a higher markup like a scalper.
I mean otherwise your article is a great big 'thank you captain obvious'; with manufacturers selling better stuff for more money.
That's the whole product stack of every company ever...
Look at all of intel and amd CPUs, many of the times the tiers are only separated by a few hundred Mhz, that's the whole concept of the X vs non-X lineup of AMD and intel has a few i3 ,i5 and i7 that are completely the same other than a few hundred Mhz.

The easier it is to make the cheaper they sell it to you.

Reactions: KyaraM

UWguy

Commendable
Jan 13, 2021
I would love to know the SP of the new 13900KS. Are these really golden chips or are they marginally better chips with boosted TDPs?

Reactions: bolweval

cyrusfox

Distinguished
Yep it's been the same since the i9-9900KF. No new news here.
I must have gotten a dog of a 9900kF, it took so much voltage to get all core 5GHz and was unable to attain 5.2 all core. I reverted back to stock, then upgraded to 10850K. Maybe it was the Asrock Z490itx Mobo to blame. Soured my OC expectations, now running a 12900k which will be replaced by at least a 13700/13900k. I don't even consider KF anymore as I like the convenience of an iGPU and the added accelerators (quicksync). Live with default clocks/boost and undervolt if I want to tweak it.

Reactions: thisisaname