Question core speed very low

Feb 19, 2020
hi everybody, can somebody advice, my processor is Intel® Core™ i7-4702MQ Processor in a hp PROBook 450G1. intel say Base Frequency is 2.2ghz. however in cpu-z and Intel Extreme utility the core speed is 798Mhz and every 2 seconds showing 898Mhz, with 8 multiplier(every 2 seconds showing 9) The reason i ask is because i see other benchmark results having double the points in same hardware configurations. In Intel extreme utility benchmark i can load same user submitted software configuration and i get half the points, 258 marks vs 500 or more others submitted having same processor and same motherboard.
Is there anything i can do? couldnt see any bios settings that would change this, no locks or anything.
Thank you to all that reply.

Feb 19, 2020
The CPU only runs at full speed when it is plugged into the mains so are you using it on battery only?

Also what is your CPU temperature?
You can download the free HWinfo64 to monitor it.

Andy
thanks for reply.
I remove the battery and it runs plugged in, when i test it or stress it, shows 100% usage but the temp is no higher than 65. normally less than 50

Feb 19, 2020
thanks Andy for your help. I managed to sort it out. Using throttlestop i pushed the multiplier to 22, and it can go up to 32. for some unknown reason, the multiplier was 8 and sometimes 9. i dont know why, it never moved more than 9, by itself, no matter how hard it was working. using that software, i set it up to 22 and its working fine, speed showing now 2.2Ghz and not 0.79Ghz. good similar benchmark results to others that are having same configuration. i tested with 32 too(maximum this cpu can have) and its fine. the temps are in 50s range, while gaming it reached a max temp of 66. the only thing i need to do now, is automatically start throttlestop at windows start and it should be fine i think.