Question Core Temp says all cores are always the same temp

May 4, 2020
I have an AMD FX-8320 with 8 cores. I've been playing a badly optimized old game (NWN2) that absolutely slams my first core and causes my system to overheat. As far as I can tell this game is designed to only run on one core. So I used Task Manager to set the affinity to the last core so that's it's not having to share the first core with Windows or whatever else might be utilizing it.

I have both Argus Monitor and Core Temp to help me monitor heat and load. Core Temp is showing that load dramatically drops off core #0 and picks rapidly up on core #7 when I changed the games affinity so the game is successfully running off the last core now. However, the temperature read out stays the same for every single core. This seems completely impossible. It will say that a core at 80% load is running the same temp as one with 10% load. Also, all 8 temperature reads go up and down exactly together.

I'm assuming this is because there's only one temperature being taken somewhere and for some reason the system is falsely attributing that to all the cores. How can I tell how many cores actually have separate temperature readers? How can I make the system read them all and not just the one?