CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA ATX LGA1151
Memory: Kingston FURY 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL15
Storage: Kingston HyperX Fury 240 GB 2.5" SSD
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB Phoenix Fan Video Card
Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart 730 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit

My core voltage shows mostly 1.400 sometimes a bit over that. Overclocking was never done so its all stock. I believe thats a bit high because i've seen people have lower voltage with OC cpus. What should i do to get it lower ?
I was trying to figure out why is that so i went to bios only to notice that my GPU is running at x8 instead of x16. I dont have any other gpu and i know that running it at x16 wont change much but i'd be happy if it worked as it should.
Thanx in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
I just want to start off by asking you why you have one ram stick. Dual channel is MUCH better and more efficient.

For your voltage problem, go into the bios and try lowering the voltage. But if you're not having any problems with performance, I don't see a need for that.
Oct 20, 2020
I just want to start off by asking you why you have one ram stick. Dual channel is MUCH better and more efficient.

For your voltage problem, go into the bios and try lowering the voltage. But if you're not having any problems with performance, I don't see a need for that.

Solution

notexactly

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2016
Thanx for the reply Adogee.
I agree about the RAM but my budget was tight when i was buying it. Was gonna buy another 8GB to have dual channel but kinda forgot about it because PC works good. Will probably buy another stick soon, put 2 new fans in and reapply the thermal paste. Pc still works really well, games run smooth, music production software also.
Temps are bit higher than they used to be and AI suite shows CPU voltage RED and thats what caught my attention. After googling about it i saw that voltage should be lower so now i'm trying to figure out whats wrong and what should i do. Will try setting it lower in Bios, its on auto now.
Thanx