Core2 Quad Q6700 safe OC margins[Repost]

troy1960

Honorable
Apr 3, 2016
[I've reposted this since i didn't get a clear answer OR a new response on my previous post!]

So recently i got a new CPU cooler(Cooler master Hyper TX3 Evo) and my Q6700 is running happily with 47 degs on full load(like driving as a maniac in GTA V) even though its overclocked to 3GHz already. Now, i want to make it hit it's best performance mark and since i have a little more headroom for temps i wanted to overclock it even further. I've tried 3.2GHz but Windows crashed upon trying to enter my password; black screen, cursor disappeared a couple seconds later, had to reset it. What did i do wrong to make it crash AND make it bluescreen upon restart(ERROR_PAGE_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA). Using Windows 10 Pro and an Asus P5QL Pro, aswell as 2x4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM, and an MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Gaming X 2GB, and a Core 2 Quad Q6700.

Solution
I had a Q6600 for a while. 3.2 was the most i could pust it. Any more than that and it crashes so more than likely either your motherboard or CPU can't handle it being that fast. Every CPU is different and overclocks differently.
I had a Q6600 for a while. 3.2 was the most i could pust it. Any more than that and it crashes so more than likely either your motherboard or CPU can't handle it being that fast. Every CPU is different and overclocks differently.

Solution