Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
Hi All, I Built my own P.C about 10 months ago now:
CPU, AMD X4 Phenom II 965,
MOBO, ASUS M4A88T-V EVO,
MEMORY, 8GB Corsair DDR3 PC 1333MHZ,
GPU, Saphire HD 5550 1 GB DDR2.
OS, Win 7;

As I say I built about 10 months ago and have replaced only the stock fan for a Corsair H60 about 3 monnths ago and have had no problems until today, on switching on my P.C I noticed on boot up screen it said 3 cores activated?? so I tried to re-install the Bios drivers from the cd that came with the MOBO still no change, then I used the latest MOBO drivers from ASUS, then I took out the CPU to check for damage to the pins they were O.K so then I uninstalled any recent programmes I had loaded so you can see I am really running out of idea's here, Any help would be appreciated as I'm stuck for idea's, thanks in advance.....

Chipbuster

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Yeah, try the simple things first. Try what Pazero01 said, try checking to see if Windows can see four cores and the BIOS is just giving a bad message, little things like that. Uninstalling programs off of the OS is highly unlikely to change anything in the BIOS.

jemtray

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
Ok Guy's, I went back inbetween your replies and checked what previous psotings of a similar problem had suggested apparently the CMOS needed to be re-set. Which meant switching off the P.C from the rear (after shutting down of course) taking the CMOS battery out and switching it back on briefly then after a minute or two putting it back in and re-boot, works fine now just had to reset the clock in the Bios and everything is set to default, Perfect, thanks for your input

G

Which is what i said, but without the need to open or remove any physical things though :p