[SOLVED] Cores or GHz

Mar 31, 2020
Hello,
I am currently making a decent income from running Minecraft bots.
I'm currently running 18 Minecraft bots, and my CPU is often hitting 100% utilization.
I have 64GB RAM, which has only ~50-60% utilization.
I am using Ryzen 7 2700X which has 8 cores and a core clock speed of 3.7 GHz.

My question is, what would be more beneficial for running multiple instances of Minecraft, number of cores or higher clock speed?

I plan on upgrading my CPU, adding 64 more GB ram, and upgrading to a motherboard that supports 128 GB of RAM, in order to run more bots, seeing as each bot generates me ~$24.5 every day (before taxes).
Any CPU recommendations? (I prefer AMD over Intel).

Would you recommend water cooling my new CPU?
My current CPU runs at an average of 54°C, and peaks at 57°C.

Thanks for taking time to read my thread :)

-Chimathy

Last edited:
Solution
On a single core,not when running single core loads on all cores...

You would have to test if you could run two servers per thread if all the cores would be able to hit 5Ghz+
You could OC it to 4.2 GHz or close to it so all cores run at that frequency, just need good cooler. 5GHz is way out for that CPU.
Hello,
I am currently making a decent income from running Minecraft bots.
I'm currently running 18 Minecraft bots, and my CPU is often hitting 100% utilization.
I have 64GB RAM, which has only ~50% utilization.
I am using Ryzen 7 2700X which has 8 cores and a core clock speed of 3.7 GHz.

My question is, what would be more beneficial for running multiple instances of Minecraft, number of cores or higher clock speed?
Any CPU recommendations? (I prefer AMD over Intel).

Thanks for taking time to read my thread :)

-Chimathy
Number of cores but that CPU should hit 4.2GHz on single core loads.

I guess it depends, I was playing with a Xeon on my x99 board, its 12cores 24 threads, base clock is 2.5ghz if I remember right, single core at 3.5, its been a while. My 5820k 6 core 12 thread CPU at stock performed better in nearly everything other than something like video editing.