Corossfire With Intel?

gamecrusher1912

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
Hello I Had Just Build My Entry Level Gaming PC But I Don't Have Graphic Card In My PC Yet, So I Have Just Bought A New Graphic Card Called MSI GTX 1050Ti OC 4GB From FLIPKART I Just Bought It For My Entry Level Setup But I Am Confused About My Future Graphics ,I'm Thinking About SLI Or AMD Crossfire But I Don't Know Which One Is Best ,I Think Crossfire Is Good Than SLI Because It's Cost Is To Low Than SLI Setup And It Is Good In Performance ,But Moreover I Don't Know How To Crossfire , And I Am Confused In One More Thing , I Have MSI Z270 Krait Gaming With Intel Core i5 7400 And 8GB Of Ripjaws Single Ram And I Don't Know Does My PC Support Crossfire, According To Me I Think Only AMD Chipset Supports Crossfire.....

So Please Tell Me Which Card I Should Buy, Single Card Or Crossfire/SLI Also Tell Me The Graphics Modal And How To Crossfire And My Future Range Of Graphics is Around 500 to 600 Dollars

Also Tell Me About My New GTX 1050ti I Ordered This Graphics Card In Hurry

Solution
First let me say the 1050ti is a great entry level GPU, you should be able to play most games at 1080p on high setting and get 60 fps anything higher than that probably not, and even a few newer titles, graphically intense games, and games that are not optimized very well you may have to turn the settings down a bit. It is a great card for the price though and should serve you well.

I see you have an i5-7400 on a z270 board, if need be in the future if you buy a better GPU you can also buy a better CPU like the 6700k or 7700k, they will go much nicer with that board. The z270 is made for the K chips, which means you can overclock if you wanted to, if you decided to upgrade to a k chip. Do you mind listing the rest of your specs?

Now...

Chad_40

Commendable
Mar 26, 2017
First let me say the 1050ti is a great entry level GPU, you should be able to play most games at 1080p on high setting and get 60 fps anything higher than that probably not, and even a few newer titles, graphically intense games, and games that are not optimized very well you may have to turn the settings down a bit. It is a great card for the price though and should serve you well.

I see you have an i5-7400 on a z270 board, if need be in the future if you buy a better GPU you can also buy a better CPU like the 6700k or 7700k, they will go much nicer with that board. The z270 is made for the K chips, which means you can overclock if you wanted to, if you decided to upgrade to a k chip. Do you mind listing the rest of your specs?

Now about crossfire and sli: crossfire is for AMD gpu's and sli is for NVidia GPU's, you have an NVidia one, it however does not support sli. 1070's and up support sli as well as older models. SLI and crossfire require two or more gpus and an sli bridge, and require your motherboard to have two pciex16 slots (this is what your gpu plugs into) If you have one gpu plugged in it runs at x16 if you sli each card runs at x8 (I think some newer chipsets like the x299 run at x16 and x16). Sli and crossfire are not recommended though, it is always best just to get the single strongest gpu you can afford and go with that.

I think you will be happy with your 1050 ti though, and if not depending on what you are doing I would suggest a 1060 6gb or maybe even a 1070. Typically the second hand gpu market is pretty fair so if you decide to upgrade, make sure you keep your box and everything your 1050 ti comes with, sell it on ebay or wherever and do a little research and decide which card would be best for you. There are literally thousands of youtube videos comparing each card at different resolutions.

Solution