Correct BroadCom WiFi Driver for Envy 15t-j000

davidcahan

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
I did a clean install of Windows 8 pro on my brand new HP Envy 15t-j000 Laptop. As I figured, I then needed to install drivers. Specifically, I was unable to see any WiFi hotspots. I went to the HP site, downloaded the drivers for my computer and installed. One of the drivers gave me an error when installing--Broadcom Wireless LAN Drivers 6.30.223.75. On install I noticed that it said it was for Wireless A/C/N (or maybe A/G/N) but I have B/G/N. Anyway, after installing everything (except the Broadcom) I still couldn't see any WiFi routers.

So now I'm basically stuck. I can't get the correct driver from HP and I'm not sure where else to get the correct one. I've tried the BroadCom site but I'm confused by which one I would even want.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

davidcahan

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013

That's a good question. I assumed it was BroadCom because there are 3 other drivers (not directly related to wifi) that are BroadCom. Here's the rub: in device manager some of the network items have exclamation marks next to them. So how would I determine from that whether I have intel or BroadCom. That said, the more I think about it the more it makes sense that it would be intel...

davidcahan

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
Here's what it says

Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter for use on all computer models

Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter and Mediatek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter for use on all computer models

Ralink RT3290LE 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter for use on all computer models

Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter for use on all computer models

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 Combo Adapter for use only on computer models equipped with an Intel processor

Therefore, I went to Intel and downloaded the Windows 8 driver for the Intel Centrino Wirelss-N 2230. I'll see what that does and report back.