[SOLVED] Correct CPU Temp

nismo_z

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Which temperature sensor is more accurate; the liquid cooler's or the motherboard's? My Corsair H100iGTX is reading 38°C and my motherboard is reading 52°C (via Asus AI Suite II). I am just browsing the web so I'm assuming the lower temperature is correct?

Thanks!

Solution
Which temperature sensor is more accurate; the liquid cooler's or the motherboard's? My Corsair H100iGTX is reading 38°C and my motherboard is reading 52°C (via Asus AI Suite II). I am just browsing the web so I'm assuming the lower temperature is correct?

Thanks!

H110iGTX temp is probably the temp of the liquid in the loop. How good/bad that is depends on where the temp sensor is located in the loop. It would be more informative to me if at the output of the radiator as that would show the liquid becoming thermally saturated due to inability of the radiator to shed heat from the liquid as it's temperature gets closer and closer to the CPU temperature.

The other is probably a CPU temperature, either internal/package or a...

Thanks!

H110iGTX temp is probably the temp of the liquid in the loop. How good/bad that is depends on where the temp sensor is located in the loop. It would be more informative to me if at the output of the radiator as that would show the liquid becoming thermally saturated due to inability of the radiator to shed heat from the liquid as it's temperature gets closer and closer to the CPU temperature.

The other is probably a CPU temperature, either internal/package or a sensor near it. They can both be about as accurate as these things go as they're showing temp of two different things. It's how you use it that matters.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution