Correct PSU Voltages?

Zaekeon

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
I'm trying to troubleshoot my system. I installed vista 32 on it and it seemed to work just fine, so then I installed vista 64 and ever since then had problems. Processes just stop for no reason, one time it rebooted in the middle of wow, one time wow crashed with crazy error.

I ran windows memory tester and memtest and got a bunch of errors so f irst I tried taking all cards and memory out and reseating them, i ran memory test again with no errors, so thought I was all good, then it started happening agian the next day

I ran memory test on it and it came up with errors, so I took 2 of my 4 dimms out and ran test agian, no errors. So i put the other 2 in and took those 2 out, ran test, got errors.

So then I took one of those 2 outs, ran test, got errors. I took that one out, put the other one in ran test got no erros. So just to be sure, I put the single one in again that I got errors on and the damn test ran for 3 hours with no errors. So now i'm wondering if maybe there's either something wrong with my board or the PSU. I have an OCZ Gamexstream 700w power supply. I'm not totally convinced that it's bad but was wondering if someone could tell me if these voltage values are abnormal. In my bios I see this

VCORE Voltage: 1.280 (flusuates between 1.280 and 1.272 pretty steady)

3.3V reads as 3.248v

5V reads as 5.017v

and 12V reads as 12.302

System Spec

ASUS p5b-e motherboard
4GB Gskill ddrii-800 ram
core 2 duo e6600 at factory clock speed
foxconn nvidia geforce 8800gts OC Version
2x320 seagate 7200.10 sata 3.0gb at raid 0

Zaekeon

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Yeah, I was starting to think so as well. The memory errors is what has got me though. I put all the memory back in my pc last night and let the test run over night and it got around 15 errors, so I took all of it out this morning except that one stick I had gotten errors with before and letting it run tests today while I'm at work.

I agree it could very well be the vista 64 support as I didn't have the errors with Vista 32, but then again I only used Vista 32 on it for a few days as it's a brand new pc and I wanna make sure there's not bad hardware right off the bat.

Actually to be honest I had a horrible time installing Vista 64 though, I kept getting memory management blue screens of death, and some other strange ones, but they strangly enough went away for a while it seems.

Zaekeon

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Yeah, I'm going to try and narrow it down, It's just weird that sometimes I can get like 500 errors with http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
on the same things (usually LRAND and WINVC or something like that). And then sometimes it won't happen for hours. Do you think a defective power supply would cause something like this? Or perhaps the board. I guess after some more testing I might just reinstall Vista32 and see if I'm getting any errors there now or not.