[SOLVED] Correct smart fan settings.

Apr 14, 2020
Hey,

I just updated my MSI BIOS and suspect that some smart fan settings are wrong now since my cpu fan got very loud. Are these reasonable settings for an R5 1600? :

Temperature level 1: 10 - 2: 41 - 3: 64 - 4: 85
Speed 52 72 85 100

Could something else be wrong? Almost sounds like its on around 80 perfekt the whole time. CPU temps are 30 idle so those are fine.

Thanks!

PS please pardon my writing. Im not a native speaker.

Solution
Depending if you have a UEFI motherboard usually there is a fan control option and you can set it to: OFF, SILENT, FULL, or MANUAL.

Make sure your fan connections are on the right headers on the mobo. Make sure your CPU fan is on the CPUFAN header on the mobo. If you have bad fans or cheap fans loud bearings is usually a common issue.
Depending if you have a UEFI motherboard usually there is a fan control option and you can set it to: OFF, SILENT, FULL, or MANUAL.

Make sure your fan connections are on the right headers on the mobo. Make sure your CPU fan is on the CPUFAN header on the mobo. If you have bad fans or cheap fans loud bearings is usually a common issue.

Solution
Apr 14, 2020

Thanks for the reply. Ye its a stock ryzen fan but no problems before updating the bios. It was quite silent. Also I can only find off or smart fan control atm. Getting a new CPU tomorrow tho. Maybe that fixes it.