Question Correctly testing your used GPU.

Aug 14, 2023
I recently picked up a used 3090 off EBAY for a fair price. I have had it just over two weeks now. I have played Portal RTX Quake RTX, RE4 and some cyberpunk including using the built in bench. I have also run benchmarks with Heaven, Superposition and 3d mark incl the more demanding time spy extreme. Numbers and all look good I guess and I do not notice artifacting or clocks getting stuck or anything like that. I only have 1080p monitor currently so I might be a little bit bottle necked while testing games but I have pushed up graphics to highest and made sure to run demanding modes in the games I have tried which does max out GPU utilization.

What more should I do to test the card. I have not run a sustained stress test on the card yet like Furmark or Kombuster nor have I run Heaven or SP on loop. Should I run a 20 to 30 minute stress test like Heaven or SP and monitor clocks and temps in GPUZ and is this safe to do. I have read unless you OC your card furmark seems a bit extreme.

Temps look okay, highest memory junction I witnessed was 90 on Quake 2 RTX others are mid to high 80s.

Reactions: LokithNimsa