Corrupt hard drive and no display.

wbgarrison1

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
This is a tough one, I bought new components for a pc and kept my old hard drive. The new components include, 120gb ssd, 6gb 1060, ryzen 1600x, b350 pcmate mobo, 500w psu, and 16 gb ddr4 2400ram.

I got it all running of old hdd and then had the bright idea to try and move windows to ssd from my hdd.

I downloaded a program to merge my recovery drive with my os before I tried to copy to the ssd.

It restarted my pc and started in cmd looking display and started merge he partitions.

The power to my computer went out and when I turned it back on, it said attempting to repair. This is when it gets bad.

I have an old win 7 install cd so I tried to use that to repair windows 10. Every time I got to the screen for install my keyboard and mouse turned off.

So I read around and some people said hat bios might be interfering with the usb while windows is trying to install. So I decided I’m ould try to disable what I thought was stopping the usbs from working under integrated prephirals.

Well, I restarted and no display on my screen anymore. I took the cmos battery out and I also touched the tips of the jbati1 prongs with a screwdriver to short them. Now I get a dvi no signal message before it turns off.

This is the result of a series of ridiculously stupid mistakes. Someone please help.

wbgarrison1

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
I bought a windows 10 install code and put it on a flash drive, put that into a USB port and it booted up into the install. I can move around my mouse and use my keyboard. More to come.

wbgarrison1

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
After installation of windows onto the SSD I get an error

Your pc/device needs to be repaired.

I chise to go to repair environment.
Reset pc does nothing, just bring me back to repair environment screen
Chose to repair with the USB with windows 10 on it. Which just brings me back to the screen to choose out of the 5 options of continue, troubleshoot, use a device, turn off pc, and use another system.

TRENDING THREADS