Corrupt installation - E173FP display CD

An attempt to use this CD, delivered with a new Dimension 8400, yields
a pop-up "Corrupt installation." Cannot view contents. Cannot install.
Any suggestions?
--David

if you get the same error in another CD drive then call and get a
replacement CD.
or just call and get a replacement.

btw, why did you get a cheapo lcd with an 8400?

<David Ellis> wrote in message
> An attempt to use this CD, delivered with a new Dimension 8400, yields
> a pop-up "Corrupt installation." Cannot view contents. Cannot install.
> Any suggestions?
> --David

ricardo

David Ellis wrote:
> An attempt to use this CD, delivered with a new Dimension 8400, yields
> a pop-up "Corrupt installation." Cannot view contents. Cannot install.
> Any suggestions?
> --David
Try installing the driver for the E173FP using Device Manager. Right
click on MyComputer. Click on manage, Device Manager, Display, Update
driver. Then when prompted select Install from etc, etc, and choose the
drive where the installation disk is. Post back and let us know how you go.
ricardo

ricardo

dave&jane wrote:
> if you get the same error in another CD drive then call and get a
> replacement CD.
> or just call and get a replacement.
>
> btw, why did you get a cheapo lcd with an 8400?

To dave & jane: Whats wrong with an E173FP LCD Display? I have just
replaced my E173FP with a 1905FP UltraClear Digital and to tell you the
truth I preferred the E173FP.
ricardo

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 17:31:45 +1100, ricardo <me@myself.com> wrote:

>David Ellis wrote:
>> An attempt to use this CD, delivered with a new Dimension 8400, yields
>> a pop-up "Corrupt installation." Cannot view contents. Cannot install.
>> Any suggestions?
>> --David
>Try installing the driver for the E173FP using Device Manager. Right
>click on MyComputer. Click on manage, Device Manager, Display, Update
>driver. Then when prompted select Install from etc, etc, and choose the
>drive where the installation disk is. Post back and let us know how you go.
>ricardo
I wanted to view the manual. Sorry I wasn't more specific. The problem
turned out to be attempting to open the CD in a limited account type.
With admin rights, no problem.
--David